2005 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best car I've owned, that's

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Review

Best car I've owned, that's saying a lot
By jtmears on

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

1.5 years, 26k miles and I LOVE this car! Cruises like a BMW 540i and sounds way more cool! Handling is as good as a solid axle can get. Retro interior is comfortable and looks great. Good quality leather, although the plastics could use improvement. Shaker 1000 kicks butt for a stock system. Build quality is good for the price range and greatly improved over the older Mustangs (this makes #5 for me). It's not quite as fast or torquey as my LS1 Trans-Am, but WAY better quality. Has only been to the shop once for something very minor. Gas mileage leaves a little to be desired, but I would have bought a Honda or something if I cared about that. SWEET CAR!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, interior comfort & ergonomics. Outside looks pretty sweet too! It even has a nice shifter, which Mustangs have NEVER had before.

Suggested Improvements

Drinks gas. I've had cars with equal or more power that got 10 MPG better, which seems unacceptable these days. Paint looks good but is typical Ford cheap - gets rock chips & acid rain spots far too easily. Interior plastics are cheap and scratch too easily. Feels tight, but has a few rattles.