2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: American Muscle

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Deluxe Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

American Muscle
By John on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was concerned and apprehensive when I went from a Mercedes C230 Sport to the Mustang GT Convertible. On day two I knew I made the right decision. This car rocks! The car generates amazing torque and speed. The exhaust and engine are perfectly matched; it makes a deep throaty growl when I get on the accelerator. The handling is superb. The first time I dropped the transmission into second gear going around a corner and goosed it, I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland; I had such a grin. This car is without a doubt more powerful, responsive and refined than the 5.0 GT I bought new in 1990. I am so happy with this car I want to sleep in it. Thank you Ford!

Power/acceleration, cornering and maneuverability (better than European cars), looks awesome with the top down.

More luxury options would help like ipod control through a touch screen, phone sync, rain activated wipers etc., but this is a raw power muscle car after all.