Used 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not Bad
By Travis

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The dealer is great. Free oil changes for life. This V6 sounds a teeny bit like a V8. I like it. It rides a bit rough over pothole repaired city streets. It feels quite good on the highway.

Favorite Features

Its appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the live rear axle.

My Views
By Betty

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the new body style! I knew as soon as I saw the new body style before they even were in production I had to have one. I have owned a '79 and '81 Mustang, they do not even compare to my '05. I have had some minor issues such as CD player replacement and driver's side door handle problems but those were taken care of pronto. I do not plan to get rid of this car. I am very happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Body style of course! You have so many options, you can really make it your own.

Suggested Improvements

More padding in the seats (leather). Better fuel mileage (but everyone is looking for that aren't they?).

fun car!
By banshee

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my v-8 stang for the more economical v-6. I enjoy driving this car as I am on the interstate every day going to work. I miss the sound of my v-8, but I definitely don't miss the premium gas or gas mileage it got. The 2005 is very good on gas, and of course, a Mustang is not a Mustang if it's an automatic. Therefore, I can still squeal the tires in this 5 speed if I have to! I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't race anyone in this car, hence the much better gas mileage, but at 30 mpg, I'd say my little red stang keeps up with them foreign cars in that area. As for the look of the car, it's absolutely beautiful, and makes me feel good driving it!

Favorite Features

The 5 speed can keep up with the best of them! It's a very sexy car!

Suggested Improvements

The chrome around the different sections of the dash can be quite blinding from the sun at times.

My New 05 Mustang love affair
By Jack Parker

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1983 and it was worth the wait. Ford really got it right. Great performance, great fun, looks, personality and value. Two GTs for one Corvette. I love Corvettes but I just can't pass this Mustang by. I like the fold down back seats. Just can't find much to fault anywhere.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, styling, are all fantastic for the price.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a bigger gas tank for more range. Also, the gas filler system is balky at some newer pumps. A re-design might be needed. A locking gas filler should be included also.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By cdo

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, beautiful ride. Ford finally got it right.

Favorite Features

The exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Stop offering so many automatics and so few manual transmissions. It's a performance car, Ford. The auto transmission just takes away from the pickup.