2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews 9

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2005 Mustang V6 auto
By Larry on 09/24/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle in April of this year for $22,800, it's the first one that I have owned. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The body style screams Mustang. It's sonic blue with white strips. Interior is tan with cloth seats and Shaker 500 stereo system. I was very surprised with the ride on the highway; it is very smooth with no wind noise -- in town it's a little bumpy. Performance is good for a V6. I get 19 MPG in town and 25.7 on the highway. I guess the only complaint that I have is the engine is a little buzzy around the 1700 RPM range, other than that it is an excellent buy.

2005 Mustang V6 Premium 5-Speed
By Marshall Haynick on 09/21/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a six cylinder Mustang it is surprisingly quick. The interior is a little cheap, but hey its a low cost car. There is enough power to have fun and the handling is much improved. The 5-speed manual allows for a fun to drive attitude and all the standard power features is a nice option.

60s Mustang with today's best
By California Tom on 09/21/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I first read about the car last year and it reminded me of my '69. 5 months and 9000 miles later, it is my dream car. The distinction of my '69 with today's comfort and safety. The 5 speed manual isn't the smoothest around, but get it - an easy drop down to fourth and I am gone in traffic. Handling is spot on; I love taking curves in this thing. With upgrades, great interior/exterior styling cues; hardly a day goes by without a look, smile or comment. Averaging 23-26 MPG. The stereo sounds great and I can drive for hours either on cruise control or through traffic with a wide smile. Trunk holds golf bag, softball bags and groceries with ease, but not for a family of 4.

Man, What a ride
By Sandman on 09/21/05 02:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my 2005 GT for three months and 6500 miles, and man what a ride. This is my fourth Mustang, having had a '67, '69 and '74, this is by far the best. I live on the north coast of California, The roads here are built for this car, lots of curve and twists along Highway 101 and through the redwoods put this car to the test and man, what a ride. I recently took a trip to San Francisco and got 23 miles to a gallon, and I was not driving slow. In and out of traffic the car is a blast to drive and it does get a lot of looks and thumbs up from folks along the way. Would recommend this car to anyone who takes pleasure in driving.

Pony car reborn
By Anacad on 09/14/05 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It has a great retro look and a lot of get up and go for a V- 6. This is my third Mustang; my first was a 1966 convertible and my second (my first new car) was a 1982 L sedan. My 2005 Mustang tops them both! I've only had one problem with the car -- the power lock on the passenger side doesn't work and hasn't since day one. Since I'm usually the only one in the car, I've arranged to get it fixed on my first service visit.

2005 Mustang GT
By Jim on 09/14/05 03:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Mustang GT and it by far is the greatest car I ever owned. I had a 2001 Mustang 5 speed and my new one is an automatic and I thought I'd be missing out but the 5-speed transmission makes up for it. It is a very fast and fun car for an affordable price. The interior is nice if you get the upgraded interior package. It has a very comfortable ride for a sports car and unlike some sport cars it doesn't sit so low you think you're driving a go cart. I think Ford gets an A+ for this one.

it's a ten!
By pony man on 09/14/05 01:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best car I have ever owned and the most fun to drive. Bought it in Dec. '05; was a head turner then, and is a head turner now. Ford got it right. Bought it for my wife (lol) and will be buying another one for myself as soon as they come out with ... COBRA!

Squealing Brakes
By Chris on 09/13/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had several Mustangs, including a 1985 and my favorite, a 1966. This is one of the funnest vehicles I have driven. The only complaint was the brakes squealing. I had it in the shop 3 times and I finally replaced the factory brake pads with ceramic pads -- problem solved. Now I have no complaints except for the speed limit signs.

2006 Mustang HOT off the assembly line
By E Jankowski on 09/10/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The '06 Mustang is awesome. A few changes from 2005; two new colors and wheels that now sport the pony logo instead of the Ford emblem. My car is Tungsten Gray, a new Mustang color that looks different under different light conditions. At midday it's silver metallic with a light blue tone. At dusk it takes on a faint purple tone and sometimes it looks silver gray.The retro styling is very cool. I catch people checking it out all the time. If you donít want to attract a lot of attention wherever you go donít buy a Mustang! As for performance WOW! From the rumble to the grip of the Pirelli performance tires as you navigate turns. Plenty of awesome power to get your license into trouble.

With Gas Prices Go For The V6
By Sabina on 09/09/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before purchasing a manual make sure to test drive both automatic and manual and see and feel the difference. I test-drove the manual and found that because of the small windows it increases the blind spots. I ended up buying the automatic and haven't regretted it yet.