2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
GT Convertible is a blast to drive
By carlosp51 on 04/28/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. If you love Mustangs, you will be a fan. I have owned a 1971 coupe, 96 GT Convertible, and now this one. No other Mustang has been quite as satisfying. It drives smoother, feels roomier, and has a lot of "giddy-up." The lines of this car are phenomenal, with or without the spoiler. The interior is very satisfying, although you won't get a lot of the European/Japanese fancy features that can be very nice. It is a muscle car and it feels like a muscle car.

the best
By brian on 04/28/05 06:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is amazing! It feels looks and performs like a vehicle two classes above what it's in. For $33.5 loaded, you just can't get a better looking and performing car anywhere. To match it you'd need to spend at least $45k. I almost gave in a bought a coupe when they hit the market, but am so glad I waited for the convertible. Hint - to really change it and make its classic lines more evident, order it without the spoiler.

GT Convertible Impression
By steve on 04/27/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my GT vert for a month and have put 2,000 miles on it. Love the appearance and all the compliments from strangers who just walk up and want to talk about the car. Wished the 2005 had some of the features that were in the prototypes but not included, like 18" wheels and the decorative intake cover. There were minor convenience things that were not included in 2005, like interior trunk release that I was disappointed in. The car is fast, but like many Mustang owners I want it to go faster. Computer thinks too much and the throttle by wire causes a delay when accelerator is floored for passing and merging. Would highly recommend but there are few tweaks that need to be done.

I'm in Love With My Car
By StevieG on 04/27/05 01:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2005 Mustang GT Covertible is an awesome car. I had a 2000. This car is so much better in every way. It drives better, both in terms of handling and pure speed. It is simply gorgeous. I get thumbs ups and looks all the time. The Shaker 1000 audio system is the best factory stereo I have ever heard. As one of my friends said, this car is perfect.

Never a Ford lover..until now.
By dthuringer on 04/26/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have never been a Ford guy. I have always liked GM products. But they took away the Camaro and Firebird. I was looking for a sporty car and the new Mustang caught my eye. My wife saw one at a local park and we decided to test drive one. Well, we went home with it that night. I love my new Mustang. Stick is so much fun to drive. In fact, we loved it so much we went back the next day and bought an automatic on for my wife as well. Now we both love our Mustang convertibles. The Shaker 1000 sound system in mine is awesome. The days go by so long at work now because all I want to do is drive.

The Beast
By Mandy on 04/23/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the best one I have ever driven. To feel such power is GREAT! I love this car and I will never get rid of it. Great for comfort if there is 2 people. Not so much if there is 4 though.

2005 Mustang Convertible
By Jason Martin on 04/22/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one awesome car. Mine is a 5 speed and it sure does fly. It is incredible in the turns as well.

Love it!
By MikeM on 04/20/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, first off...If you do not like attention, DO NOT get this car! I can't tell you how many heads turn when I drive this car - doesn't matter if the top is up or down. Every time I stop to get gas, I have someone approach me and ask to look inside and end up talking to them for 5 or 10 minutes. I originally planned to keep this for just a few years but think I'll have it for much, much longer. I get a TON of compliments on the color, too (Windveil Blue). This car is amazing. It's not the GT, but it still goes! Absolutely love it.

GT Premium Convertible
By Jason on 04/17/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just like many others out there, I've been salivating over the '05 Mustang since Ford first announced the new design. I just got my car (Silver w/ black leather interior) and let me tell you, it's worth every penny. The dealer was telling me that Ford is overwhelmed by demand and buyers are waiting 6 months for delivery of their GT's. I would like to share with you that it is possible to get one. I didn't order my car in advance, but rather convinced the salesman that I was a serious buyer and to call me if a buyer who ordered one changed his mind when the car came in. He (to my amazement) called a week later. I was at the dealer within 90 minutes. They didn't even charge over sticker!

I'm in love with my car again
By Rate this convertibl on 04/17/05 02:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own some of the best cars manufactured in the world. I still have my first car, a 1966 Ford T-Bird Convertible. I got my Mustang convertible without paying the usual dealer premium; even if I had to pay it I would still be thrilled with my car. This one is definitely another keeper. I highly recommend the Legend Lime Green metallic