2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
'05 Mustang V6
By Rob on 01/11/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great. No goodies like some of the new cars, but it's a sports car. Radio is great (500). Only problem is that the engine is cutting out at high speeds. Ford said that it's a gas mixture problem. Most likely where I'm getting gas. Doesn't seem right to me since I have 2 cars and 1 truck all using the same gas and this is the only car having a problem. In fact my whole family is getting gas there with no problems. Ford tested the gas and did not find a problem with it but that's still what they have came up with. One other problem was that the trunk was setting off the door is ajar light. Ford adjusted it.

Lights out
By wagtop on 01/08/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very disappointed that I can't get either automatic headlights or even daytime running lights on this car. Other Fords have them available. Daytime running lights are mandatory in Canada, but are not even available in the US. Come on, Ford, wake up and see the light.

It's the Best Stang Ever!
By JeffL on 12/22/05 22:39 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ford outdid themselves. This car is awesome. I've owned quite a few Stangs since "65" and this is the best looking and performing. It turns heads and is a blast to drive. It's a little crowded for carpooling, but my carpoolers love it. I can't wait to drive it everyday. The only thing I would suggest is an inside trunk release and optional fog lights for the V6. The car's got some serious power for a six and gas mileage is pretty good. The auto tranny slips on occasion, but dealership told me that's normal. I'll get it checked at a different dealer. You got get yourself one of these!

Nice car
By Mike on 12/21/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang is a nice car! Price to performance ratio is very good and Ford has done many things right. That said, there are some annoying things about this car that Ford needs to clean up (see suggested improvements).

05 MUSTANG GT AFTER 1 YEAR
By B MARTIN on 12/20/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After having my Mustang for a year, the only complaint I have is the weather in Ohio. I would love to live somewhere I could drive my Mustang all year. Every little jaunt is fun because this car is so fun to drive. The Shaker 1000 rocks! The looks are awesome. Nobody will mistake a Mustang for a jellybean clone Grand Am.

Ride of my life
By Vincent on 12/20/05 09:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car; it makes it from a to b in good time with no problems.

I Love This Car
By LOTTOPOP on 12/14/05 16:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute kick! I've had several Lincolns (T-Cars & Mark 8's & Sebring convertibles), & this car is my true favorite. It's quick & classy, and a ton of fun to drive. I can't wait for spring to drop the top. I had it down on day #1, & hated to put it up but ... I live in Chicago.

'65 to '05 stang....
By M. Rieffer on 12/14/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My driving review is sort of biased as I buy mostly Ford products because I have mostly good experience with the vehicle and the dealers I have visited. The Mustang is reminiscent of another era in my driving experience. It is safer and more reliable that the cars of the 60's, but reminds me of them. I have a 1965 Mustang and it is neat to have them side by side and 40 years apart.

2005 Mustang
By Anthony on 12/12/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the way this car performs and the gas mileage is decent but I hate how cheaply put together it is. I have already had 5 things go wrong with it and one of them still is not fixed and I have taken it in for the same problem 4 times with it still being unresolved. I wish it was made more solid.

Screaming Yellow (A Lemon?)
By Lorie on 12/09/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We waited patiently for our Mustang to arrive. Three other individuals waited behind us in case our purchase did not go through. We drove away the happy owners of the 2005 Mustang GT Premium in Screaming Yellow. We chose to add the racing stripe package to complete the look. We get lots of compliments,with most people saying the Screaming Yellow looks the best. After a few weeks of driving it, we began to notice a popping noise coming from the front wheel area. The noise was most noticeable when turning slowly or backing and turning. Service department adjusted steering but noise continued to increase. Problem turned out being the upper strut bearing assembly which the service department replaced.