2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I Love my '05 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe
By Premium Coupe on 03/02/06 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My title says it all. I wasn't in the market to buy when I did. The retro styling, six cylinder gutsy engine and tough automatic transmission did it for me. It has way better performance and gas mileage than the 1996 Mustang GT I owned previously. Getting into the car is a little tough sometimes in the winter with a winter jacket on, but once in the cockpit it's wonderful. The sound system is killer and much better than in the house. The frontward curved head rests are a pain. I have driven only about 4500 miles in it since purchasing, but I want to keep low miles because of the investment potential for this car. Of all the cars and trucks I have owned, this one is the most fun.

Nice Pony!
By Alex on 03/01/06 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first Mustang (I'm 42 yrs, male); finally could afford it but more than that, I loved the new look. I love everything except the plastic look on the doors and the Shaker 500 Radio, which sometimes works crazy (doesn't respond to keys, doesn't read a brand new CD(?), or skips and goes back a couple of seconds without reason, or simply won't turn off and other crazy things. Everything else, is a great car!

Fun Car - nice sounds - good features!
By Rockin'Stang on 02/26/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car's wonderful and a ton of fun to drive! I owned a 2002 Mustang, but get to reap some wonderful improvements in the '05, including bigger (and more responsive) engine, the interior styling, and the premium audio system. Mine came with a Magnaflow double cat-back exhaust system giving the V6 the V8 look with a nice loud roar. I average about 20 miles to the gallon; probably isn't too bad, but not stellar either ... though not the reason you buy one. For someone like me (no kids) looking for an affordable, fast car, nice sound, leather seats and a head turner, this car is perfect and a nice compliment to my girlfriend's Acura TL. :)

Worth every penny, and then some...
By cobragt on 02/25/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It would take me all day to describe everything I love about this car. As a faithful Mustang lover, and owner of several, Ford has really outdone themselves with the 05 GT. Handles great, plenty of power, and looks awesome. I have already driven the car a little over 37,000 miles, and let me tell you, I've enjoyed every mile! It's a pleasure to drive when you have a car this B-E-A-utiful!

Love it
By cmccrystal on 02/05/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my convertible after much research between several makes. The Mustang offered the best value for the money and even with the six cylinder is pretty fast.

Stang '05
By nreck on 02/01/06 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is an overall disappointment. I wish I could give it back. Not a good buy, definitely just spend the extra money for the GT! The car runs fine now but I wouldn't count on it like a Honda. With all of the other options out there, make sure you do your research first before deciding what car is perfect for you.

'05 Mustang GT Convertible
By markb1011 on 01/29/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is Mustang through and through. I bought this car because it reminded me so much of my 1967 coupe. I love the retro styling, and the performance fantastic. This is not a "bells and whistles" car. If you start comparing it to other mid-sizes, it won't win many categories. That being said, this is the ultimate ride for muscle car fans, and especially for Mustang aficionados.

Gotta have one
By Criziz on 01/26/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Simply put this vehicle is so enjoyable to drive and be seen in. It turns heads, is wicked fast and a blast to drive.

Awesome car for the price
By Steve on 01/23/06 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the Fall/Winter so I didn't get to much seat time, so once the snow was gone, the fun began, I drove the car to Nashville and back, (roughly 1200 miles). The car drove flawlessly, handles well, stops great, mileage not too bad, 18-25mpg depending on my right foot. For the price I think it is a great car. Heated seat would be nice; it's a Mustang so I am not goong to whine about the interior. It is a far cry better the the past Mustangs. The IUP package is a nice touch. Very solid feel, very tight.

Fun Ride
By joanne on 01/12/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new 2005 Mustang Convertible. I ordered it through Ford and got the options I wanted. I've had the car now 10 months and it rides great. I've not had a bit of trouble with it. It is my 2nd car so I only drive it when the weather is good.