2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
05 MUSTANG GT AFTER 1 YEAR
By B MARTIN on 12/20/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After having my Mustang for a year, the only complaint I have is the weather in Ohio. I would love to live somewhere I could drive my Mustang all year. Every little jaunt is fun because this car is so fun to drive. The Shaker 1000 rocks! The looks are awesome. Nobody will mistake a Mustang for a jellybean clone Grand Am.

Ride of my life
By Vincent on 12/20/05 09:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car; it makes it from a to b in good time with no problems.

'65 to '05 stang....
By M. Rieffer on 12/14/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My driving review is sort of biased as I buy mostly Ford products because I have mostly good experience with the vehicle and the dealers I have visited. The Mustang is reminiscent of another era in my driving experience. It is safer and more reliable that the cars of the 60's, but reminds me of them. I have a 1965 Mustang and it is neat to have them side by side and 40 years apart.

2005 Mustang
By Anthony on 12/12/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the way this car performs and the gas mileage is decent but I hate how cheaply put together it is. I have already had 5 things go wrong with it and one of them still is not fixed and I have taken it in for the same problem 4 times with it still being unresolved. I wish it was made more solid.

Screaming Yellow (A Lemon?)
By Lorie on 12/09/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We waited patiently for our Mustang to arrive. Three other individuals waited behind us in case our purchase did not go through. We drove away the happy owners of the 2005 Mustang GT Premium in Screaming Yellow. We chose to add the racing stripe package to complete the look. We get lots of compliments,with most people saying the Screaming Yellow looks the best. After a few weeks of driving it, we began to notice a popping noise coming from the front wheel area. The noise was most noticeable when turning slowly or backing and turning. Service department adjusted steering but noise continued to increase. Problem turned out being the upper strut bearing assembly which the service department replaced.

Best Bang for the Buck
By TimB on 12/01/05 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have about 4,000 miles on it now in 4 months, projecting 10,000. I usually only drive about 8,000 miles a year. But this car makes me want to take the long way home! It's fast, it's comfortable, it handles very nicely. The build quality is first rate. Not a single problem or "issue".... that's amazing for a new design itself. Materials (plastic) are par for the price range, but the looks and performance are an absolute bargain. I have the 5 speed automatic GT. Very slick, smooth AND firm shifting. Gas mileage is good on the highway, so-so in town (as expected). Get it, you'll love it!

Love My ' Stang
By Love My 'Stang on 12/01/05 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car especially the old styling. I have 7,000 miles on my car and the only problems I had was a loud rattle in the right side of the dashboard when driving on a bumpy road and paint chipping on the inside of the drivers door. Also if you are not used to the transmission shifting this car can be difficult. The tranny sometimes makes a clunking noise when shifting.

Great Fun Factor
By pony_pirate on 11/20/05 03:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first car I've actually loved to own and drive. Lots of torque over a broad range of RPM's. Great fun to drive. Responsive steering, tight turning ratio. Fast gearbox. Gut-satisfying rumble. Beautiful to look at, fine styling inside and out. A street machine built for the straightaways, rather than a sports car built for the curves (rolls a bit). Rear single-axle bounces on bumps. Surprisingly civilized ride. Comfortable driver's seat, so-so passenger's seat, cramped back seats. Good but not great stereo. Cut to a price point, with some lack of amenities and space, such as small trunk and glove compartment, limited storage spaces inside. Interior upgrade a must. Recommend side air bag.

Loveit
By truxxer on 11/17/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Over all i love it. It's fun to drive and there are lots of options and add ons like body kits and exhaust to choose from and I like that. Most of all the looks I get and compliments on the car.

I Love My Roush GT
By 1HTPONY on 11/11/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Red Roush GT. It rides like a dream and looks awesome. The power is great and sounds great too. I'm also very happy with the Shaker 500. Always looking for a reason to drive my new Pony!