Used 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Donkey Kong
By MiStang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

I looked really good in it because it really looked good on me. A throw back to the 70's when I was a teenager lusting for my first time in a Mustang.

Fix the unknown "ping". After all, a dead customer is not a repeat customer. Need really long arms to pull the seat belt to a safe position.

Not what you would expect
By disappointment

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V6 hardtop coupe. It's a beautiful dirt color with black racing stripes. The horse power stinks. 4.0L and only 210hp. I also have a Nissan 350z thats a 3.5L V6. It puts out 300HP stock. My Mustang is flawless in style and looks but I am very disappointed in the performance.

Color, cound system, mpg, interior design, smooth ride.

More horse power.

Amazing package
By rt

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Mustang Deluxe and have been amazed with the car. The handling, looks/style, performance and most of all, the great highway gas mileage. I get about 32 miles to the gallon on the highway which is very satisfactory. I have owned many cars since the 1960s and never have I had so many people of all ages compliment my car like this 05 Mustang. The trunk is roomy, the handling and improved driver positioning is so much better than the 02 Mustang I had.

My favorite feature would have to be the looks.

Dual exhaust on the 6 cylinder car and with the wonderful sound of the GT.

Best bang for $$$$
By AJ

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Screaming hot car of comfort, design, innovation and most of all speed! This is my 7th Mustang and I would buy 2 more just like it in red and blue if I had the money.

V8 engine of course, what better way to spin out 300 ponies than with a V8 PONY!

Get rid of the stock shifter and install a Hurst short shifter. I would also recommend some type of cold air induction kit and new computer chip. That's all you need for the average speed enthusiasts, unless of of course you want a few points off the 'ole drivers license.

Best car I've owned, that's saying a lot
By jtmears

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

1.5 years, 26k miles and I LOVE this car! Cruises like a BMW 540i and sounds way more cool! Handling is as good as a solid axle can get. Retro interior is comfortable and looks great. Good quality leather, although the plastics could use improvement. Shaker 1000 kicks butt for a stock system. Build quality is good for the price range and greatly improved over the older Mustangs (this makes #5 for me). It's not quite as fast or torquey as my LS1 Trans-Am, but WAY better quality. Has only been to the shop once for something very minor. Gas mileage leaves a little to be desired, but I would have bought a Honda or something if I cared about that. SWEET CAR!

Power, handling, interior comfort & ergonomics. Outside looks pretty sweet too! It even has a nice shifter, which Mustangs have NEVER had before.

Drinks gas. I've had cars with equal or more power that got 10 MPG better, which seems unacceptable these days. Paint looks good but is typical Ford cheap - gets rock chips & acid rain spots far too easily. Interior plastics are cheap and scratch too easily. Feels tight, but has a few rattles.