2005 Ford Mustang 4.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 60s Mustang with today's best

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Premium Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

60s Mustang with today's best
By California Tom on

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I first read about the car last year and it reminded me of my '69. 5 months and 9000 miles later, it is my dream car. The distinction of my '69 with today's comfort and safety. The 5 speed manual isn't the smoothest around, but get it - an easy drop down to fourth and I am gone in traffic. Handling is spot on; I love taking curves in this thing. With upgrades, great interior/exterior styling cues; hardly a day goes by without a look, smile or comment. Averaging 23-26 MPG. The stereo sounds great and I can drive for hours either on cruise control or through traffic with a wide smile. Trunk holds golf bag, softball bags and groceries with ease, but not for a family of 4.

Favorite Features

Engine and manual transmission work like a dream. The styling of the inside (with premium package) and outside. Shaker 500 stereo with clear sound which you can crank up. Gas mileage just a tad under my old 4 cylinder Nissan. Oh, and the customizable computer display for mileage, trip, etc.

Suggested Improvements

#1 - cabin trunk release. #2 - dual exhaust for the V6.