Used 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The Pony Rides Again!
By PonyXpress

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2005 Roush GT Sonic Blue Convertible. Having spent much of my late teens and early 20's restoring '67 & '68 Mustang's, I was blown away when I first saw the 2005 retro Mustang. Naturally, I had to have one and bought myself a birthday present in June 05. I have about 2500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. It's great fun to drive and Roush has tweaked the car just right, from the exhaust to the ground effects. It's spooky, but I feel as if I'm sitting in my '68 Fastback, albeit a greatly improved version. With the flood of after market products becoming available by the minute, it will no doubt keep me busy again. Can't wait to blow the doors off any retro Camaro or Cuda we may yet see!

Power/torque and body style. The convertible is surprisingly quiet and tucks away nicely, except of course for that beautiful rumble from the exhaust.

Body stance needs to be lower from the factory - wheels too small and look lost inside the wheel wells. Seats could be better contoured to fit the body. Passenger electric seat option. Xenon light option package. Directional lights mounted in the front hood as in '68. Handling could be improved.

Cure for Mid Life Blues!
By Jay Bodenstein

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sonic blue, 2005 Mustang convertible is the most fun machine I've ever owned. Driving with top down, warm wind in my face (hair's mostly gone!) and feeling great as the feelings of youth return, I love my Mustang! This is the ultimate time machine. Put on the Beach Boys, or any other hits from the 60's, crank up the stereo and wow!

Favorite features are My Color for the display, the 5 speed manual transmission and a top that comes down and lets the sunshine in!

Add a few more horses to the V6 and put the radio/CD controls on the steering wheel. And equip all the Mustangs with Pirelli tires.

Road Trip 2005
By Howard

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At 61 years old and recently a widower, I asked my children if they thought I was going through a second childhood since I was considering purchasing a new Mustang GT convertible. They all said if that's what you want, go for it. I did. I had planned a trip to Las Vegas and decided to extend the trip and drive. I made a two week trip covering 5500 miles from Georgia to California averaging 23.5 mpg and drove over 1000 miles on two different days. The weather was great, the car performed flawlessly, and the ride was very comfortable. This car is not the fastest or most expensive on the road, but dollar for dollar is a fantastic value and a super performer. I'm looking forward to the GT500.

I guess my favorite feature is the acceleration especially when passing. A close second is the ride and comfort especially since I am 6'4" and have had no problems fitting in this car.

Kick up the horses a little and change the fourth gear - a little lower in the automatic transmission.

Dream come true
By awmustang

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang for as long as I can remember. Now I finally have one and it's so much more than I imagined.

The traction control is very nice. I like that I can change the color of the gauges. The drivers door will not lock if the key is in the ignition, unless you press it down manually.

Telescoping steering wheel, memory seat so that it returns to it's original position after folding forward, AdvanceTrac.

Wow -- why didn't I buy this sooner!
By Elexis

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Mustang owner 2 weeks now and wow, asking myself why I waited so long! Jet black V6 premium convertible with upgraded interior (black leather, black top and exterior sports package. Can't forget those side airbags and the active anti-theft for the insurance break. With the new body style it is a head turner from its shiny black exterior to its trippy old style rims. The driving experience is wonderful, hard to put into words really, but you could judge by the big grin on my face each time I drive it. The MPG advertised was accurate; I get about 17 city and up to 25 freeway... the main difference is I WANT to drive it and I take the long way just so I get to drive it more.

6 disc in-dash CD changer; stylish old-school rims; great gas mileage for a sporty car; sports package (tail fin, side stripe & front window decor); great conversation starter!

I was disappointed that there was no option for an onboard Navigation system, I am sure it is a space issue.