Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

What a Disappointment
By Phil R

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this V6 5 speed as a replacement for a 2002 V6 5 speed that I really love. (I still have the 2002, now driven by my son.) The '05 is a huge disappointment: the drive train constantly knocks, clunks, growls, and whines. (The '02 does none of this). The dealer agreed that it is bad; replaced the transmission with no improvement, and now tells me it's normal and I'll just have to live with it. Maybe the automatics are better, but DO NOT buy this car with a manual transmission unless you like lots of noise.

Styling.

Fix the drive train noise.

it's a ten!
By pony man

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best car I have ever owned and the most fun to drive. Bought it in Dec. '05; was a head turner then, and is a head turner now. Ford got it right. Bought it for my wife (lol) and will be buying another one for myself as soon as they come out with ... COBRA!

What else ... BODY STYLE.

Sometimes tough to put gas in tank.

With Gas Prices Go For The V6
By Sabina

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before purchasing a manual make sure to test drive both automatic and manual and see and feel the difference. I test-drove the manual and found that because of the small windows it increases the blind spots. I ended up buying the automatic and haven't regretted it yet.

The hot red color! Grabs the attention of every cop in town.

Make the passenger side with automatic seat adjustments.

woohoo!
By My stang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had no intention of getting a small car, I was actuallly looking at Xterras but when they introduced the new mustang I couldn't resist driving one. My windviel blue mustang is the best car I have ever owned. Head room in the backseat is not there if you are over 5'. The shaker 500 is awesome. The interior is really cool only because of the interior upgrade package, w/out it, there is acres of black plastic on the dash. decent power for the price. I don't know how I will ever part from this car.

My color. Cheap leather seat option.

The left side bolster of the drivers seatr is already showing signs of cracking, ack! Otherwise, no complaints.

Does the size of a car really matter?
By Becky

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The new Ford Mustang is an awesome car. I really like the exterior looks and the feel of the car when you drive it. The car is really great for a single person, but it is a tight squeeze for a family. The front of the car is very roomy, although the rear seat does not have much room. I was willing to deal with the size although I have a family just because I loved the looks of the car. Overall I am happy and very pleased with the performance of my new Mustang. The inside of the car is pretty small but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make to own a car I love.

My favorite feature is the interior dash and the exterior looks of the car.

One thing I noticed was that the car does not have a light on the ceiling of the interior. The lights are only in the front and you need a light in the rear also.