Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

great car
By k9patroldog

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car to drive. The Mustang will turn a head or two. There is a small hesitation in the acceleration when you first press the accelerator but when the transmission finds the lower gear, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Sound system is a plus. Exterior design.

interior options.

2005 Mustang Convertible V8
By mrq

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Things that I would change for the 2006 model: 1.The drivers seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever had in a car. Should be wider and more comfortable. I had to put a cushion on the seat. 2. Gas tank is too small; should be at least 20 gallons. You are at the gas station every time you go some place. 3. Stationary antenna should be a retractable one. 4. Passenger seat should have the option of having power so you can raise the seat. It's like sitting in a hole. It's too low. 5. There is no storage space accessible from the drivers seat. After you put a few CD's in the console you don't even have a place to put a map.

The fit and finish is the best I have seen on any car.The paint is excellent. With the top down it's fun to drive, not bad with top up too!

See above.

Ford did it RIGHT
By Bill

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The 2K5 GT is awesome! Power is great, but it is easily manageable on the street; handling is superb for a conventional rear axle. It is a very modern vehicle with a well done retro look. I fell for the look when I first saw it, and knew I had to have one when I drove it.

Power and looks! The technical sophistication of the car is also great. I am impressed with the whole package.

A bit more lateral leg room (narrower console) and more storage (where I don't know).

Fly-Away On The Highway
By JESSE

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang GT has a powerful v8 and positive handling in turns. It feels great and gets a lot of head turning from spectators on the highways. It is still exciting to drive even after 5 months of ownership.

My favorite features are the v8 power, exterior profile and the retro styling and dashboard.

Soften the eyebrow on the dashboard (padding), put real lights, not those tiny round reflectors, on the doors. Put deeper storage pockets in the doors and more storage areas.

Sweet Ride
By Neil

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my silver drop top 'Stang for just over a week now and I have to say it's an awesome ride. The retro look combined with the updated features make this car an amazing ride. I chose the red leather interior with the chrome accents and it looks incredible. I get stopped every day by people who are taken with the looks of my 'Stang. I personally love the rims that came with the car. I think they are just flashy enough yet tasteful. All in all I am really happy with this car so far.

The interior is surprisingly roomy. The panel and controls are very accessible. Handling on this car is surprisingly tight. As a former V-8 enthusiast I was really impressed by the performance of the V-6 engine with the 5 speed auto transmission. This car drives and handles impressively.

• SUV