Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Oh My!
By KAT

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Prior to "Alexis" (she's so beautiful I had to name her), I owned a 2002 V6. But this car is THE definition of what a Mustang was, what it should be, and what it will be. It's everything a sports car lover could ever want!

Favorite Features

Interior ALL THE WAY! The 6 CD MP3 player and windows with auto down and up on both windows is THE BEST.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion would be to add some kind of small storage unit at the top of the car. In the '02 they had a little net for storage. We need something like that back.

2005 ROUSH COUPE
By JPS51830

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Went to the dealer looking to see what was left. Late July usually the stock is out. Spotted a Roush in Windveil Blue and I was sold. Took it for a fast test ride and didn't need to even talk. The dealer put it into the discount package and the price was great. This car sounds like a Mustang should. Accelerates and almost begs you to hit it harder. Handling is outstanding. The only drawback is the passenger seat is low, but who cares. I won't be in that seat anyway, and the only trunk operation is on the remote or key. BTW, the trunk fits the golf clubs perfectly, so how could I say no.

Favorite Features

Roush sport trim, though I took the window stickers off. The design gives it a nice sleek look. The retro interior is awesome, almost tells you to get in and hold on, we're going for a ride.

Suggested Improvements

Just raise the passengers seat a little, it will keep the other half quiet.

Fantastic Car
By Susan T.

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I love the redesign from the 60's models. I go to cruise-ins and have won trophies. I get many many compliments. It is surprising how many people have not even seen an '05 Mustang GT. The power is great.

Favorite Features

I love the look and the power, it is super.

Suggested Improvements

As much as I love this car the only thing I would change is the drink holders. I would extend the console and have the drink holder on the top of it. It is a little too close when shifting gears. It would be great too for the doors to automatically lock. Other than that I would not change a thing.

Ford Hits A Home Run
By Mike

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The vehicle is built extremely tight, no rattles, no wind noise. The styling speaks to the heritage of the Mustang; no longer is it just the next generation, it has started a new trend in the classic style. The attention rating is off the scale. The sound, the style, the aggressive look -- it is the car to have.

Favorite Features

The seat adjustments make it very easy to find the right driving comfort, even for a tall person, which wasn't the case in earlier models. In dash CD player is also a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel would be a nice feature.

Life is good....
By chrisma

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

...so why not treat yourself to a Mustang GT? I did! Enough power to play with the big boys. Enough styling to play with the big girls. Excellent value for the price. Not looking forward to when I have to put her away for the winter :-(. But then I'll have that much more to look forward to the next spring :-).

Favorite Features

Front end styling. Sound. Sound system. Red leather. Speed. Torque.

Suggested Improvements

Memory for auto driver seat.