2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A mixed bag, but more fun than a Honda
By kevin on 05/21/05 00:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car was well worth the wait. It's a blast to drive, and people love to look at it. I've only had a few problems with it (mentioned below). I do wish it had more hp. I know that sounds insane, but it should have hp equal to that ugly GTO that Pontiac is making. This car is rated less than the '98 Camaro. Seven years later those cars should not be able to keep up with Ford. That said, this is way better than any Mustang ever made, even the 69. Classic car guys will disagree, but this one beats in in quality, performance, sound system, mpg, paint quality, crash tests, and driveablity. Love the car.

I love this car
By Chris on 04/22/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first sports car I can fit into comfortably. Being 6'7" I can fit into most cars but would not want to ride in them for hours. The Mustang I could drive all day without my back getting sore. The ride is better than I expected and I have had no problems with the car at all. I looked a WRX also but it look so econobox and the STI version was too expensive.

Fun Car To Drive
By Al on 04/21/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned four Mustangs, 1984-GT, 1986-GT convertible, 2000-V-6 and a 2000-GT (auto) and now a 2005-GT(5-speed) So far this is the best of all. The performance is great and handling is better than any of the above that I have owned. Gas mileage is good (20 mph in town and 22-24 on highway. Have to be careful what brand of gas (87) that I use to get the above mileage. Just about everyone that sees it gives it a thumbs up!

Legend GT lives!
By Legend GT on 04/20/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All I can say is,what a fun car to drive! I have been driving this car for over a month now and it is simply exciting. The power, the sound of the throaty exhaust, the braking, the handling, just the total package. It also does fairly well on gas mileage; 19-21mpg isn't too bad for a 300 horsepower engine. Ford really did their homework on this car. The ride isn't bad considering the tire size and suspension set-up. I opted for the 5 speed transmission and I'm glad. It is so much fun shifting.The shifter has real short throws. Talk about head turning! I get stares everywhere.

fantastic horse
By frank figliola on 04/19/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My overall experience with this vehicle has been fantastic. The power is breath taking, the interior design is well thought out, and the driving experience is exhilarating. This car is everything advertised and more. No accessories needed for this gem, it has everything you could ever want.

Pure Satisfaction
By Paul Mullins on 03/27/05 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A return to it's roots. I own a black GT. I had double silver stripes added, then found the Bullit style mag wheels. The fit and finish are excellent. Ford went back to the drawing board with this one, and turned out a winner. The car handles like a dream, and there's nothing that can touch it for pure lateral acceleration. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.I don't use all that power, but it's nice to know it's available. The car is a head turner on the road. Many times, I've had to avoid someone because they're looking at the car and not looking at where they're going.

GT is a Winner
By Texray on 03/23/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best Mustang yet. Quick, well built and affordable. Ford did a good job on this one. If you're considering one, make sure that you get the GT. Why spend all this money and not get the pure fun and pleasure of the V8? Pure American muscle.

My First Mustang
By edyhskl on 03/08/05 14:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I get more looks and thumbs up than my '79 Harley! Truly love the style and throaty sound coming from the dual tips. '60's touches with modern performance and handling. I'm reliving my youth vicariously thru my car.

"Awesome"
By Ken Kramer on 02/19/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this beautiful piece of machinery the last day of the year (2004). I couldn't believe the power it had. Compared to my 2002 GT Mustang it was just amazing. After test driving it I was sold, not to mention the way it looked and felt on the inside. The sound of the exhaust was very impressive and the handling was remarkable; the dash and instrument panel looks like the old Mustangs - very good looking. This car is a blast to drive, the stares you get, the envious looks on people's faces, I'm always getting the thumbs up all the time; word of warning, don't buy this car if you don't like being stared at. But overall the "2005 Mustang" surely is the car to buy.

My amazing 2005 GT Stang
By WAYNE'O on 02/04/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned four brand new GT Mustangs - 1987, 1990, 1995 and 2000, and plain and simple this vehicle is the best by far. A gem of a car any way you look at it.