Used 2005 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

An American classic is back!
By Mr. Shelby

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My new Mustang V6 performs very well and above my expectations. The acceleration is very impressive for a 210-horse V6 and the exhaust sounds great. The brakes are comfortably responsive and perform as sports car brakes should. Handling is not as quick as a 350Z or a couple other Japanese sports cars, but I realize that my Mustang is larger and heavier than those cars. The automatic transmission shifts quickly and with ease. The ride is comfortable, but I'm reminded on long trips that I'm driving a sports car and not a luxury car. The rear seats are typical of Mustangs and are somewhat comfortable as long as you are 5'10' or less. I am very happy with my purchase of the 2005 Mustang V6!

Favorite Features

The quick acceleration, sports car ride, Shaker 500 sound system, great sounding exhaust, beautiful classic Mustang features, and good fuel economy are just a few features that I like most about my Mustang V6.

Suggested Improvements

I have not found any significant improvements that could be made to my Mustang. The back seats could use some extra head room but since the Mustang is a sports car, I'm just happy that it has back seats. Overall, I like my Mustang just as it is.

Splurge for the GT
By Jessica Johnson

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new Mustang, it's a wonderfully smooth ride, it's beautiful, it turns heads. It definitely goes when you hit the gas, but I think I should have paid for the extra 90 horsepower. The traction control is great when it kicks in and I do like playing with the MyColor feature. I find the Shaker 500 is an adequate stereo system -- I don't think the 1000 pays off. The seats and everything seem a little big at first for a female, but now it's hard for me to drive my other car. So far the antitheft hasn't done anything, so I don't know much about that. I do love knowing how many miles per gallon I am getting and that sort of thing. Its a fun car- but get a GT.

Awesome car
By Collin

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. Ford did a fantastic job redesigning the mustang. The v6 offers plenty of power for me, and if you are doing a lot of stop and go traffic, you'll want the v6 anyway for mpg reasons. One thing I would highly recommend is the Interior Upgrade Package. In my opinion, it adds so much more to the interior look.

Favorite Features

Interior Upgrade package is fantastic, great acceleration for a v6, great handling. Shaker 500 audio system was much better than I anticipated.

Suggested Improvements

I would add passenger lumbar support, a tire pressure monitor, and tinted windows. I just had my windows tinted,and it has greatly improved on the look and the interior temperature.

V6 Premium Coupe, Fun on Wheels
By lcimpala65

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The V6 premium coupe is over shadowed by its big brother. Ford purposely downplays the performance of this model. The 4.0 is all you need. This thing has ample power, and will accelerate in a flash with four people on board. It is a blast to drive, you'll find yourself longing for open road.

Favorite Features

The body style is right on the money, it looks fast just sitting in the drive.

Suggested Improvements

Larger tires on the V6 model. Bucket seats with recline angle memory.

Awesome '05 Pony
By Marilyn Osburn

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the vehicle with three small exceptions. Two weeks after I took delivery one of the center caps flew off on the expressway. I ordered a new one from the dealership and it's been one week and it still isn't in. The second is the drainage set up around the deck lid. It drains down between the body and the back of the taillight and takes all the debris with it. I'm talking leaves,etc. I also think the shoulder harnesses could be more comfortable. They seem to catch everyone across their neck. Those are very small items and I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for something fun to drive. It turns a LOT of heads and is a real conversation starter with strangers!

Favorite Features

Excellent handling, 1000 watt Shaker sound system, "My Color" display, very comfortable seats, more leg room than the previous body style. Pretty quick for a six cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Secure the center caps; design the shoulder harness so it doesn't catch across the neck; stop the leaves, etc. from draining behind the taillights from around the deck lid.