2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lots of show, lots of go
By Wendy D on 04/20/05 09:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang at the end of March, and I love it. The design is aggressive and stands apart from the rest of the "bubble cars" on the road today. I was surprised at how high the side windows are, giving a "chop top" feel. I cannot get over how much fun this car is to drive. I now look for excuses to drive somewhere or lengthen my trips. My car is sonic blue with white stripes, and it really turns heads. Instant celebrity. I'm glad I got the premium model, as I think I'd be disappointed with a base model. The car I purchased was special ordered with the My Color dash backlighting, which I think is silly, but fun to play with. The engine is more accessible than other new cars too.

The All New Ford Mustang
By Classicfindz on 04/16/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am unhappy with the all new Mustang. In addition to poor gas mileage, I have had the gas tank replaced three times already. The pump was stopping as if the tank was full, as well as slow fill and spitting back. Dealership said nothing was wrong. They did contact headquarters to find out that there is indeed this type of problem with the vehicle, but not on all of them. They replaced it twice and did not work. Finally they redesigned it. Took 5 months to solve problem. It is a fast car with a great sound system. But, too many "characteristics" that take away from the car. Any problem that I have with the car, they say is a characteristic of the car.

Ford Mustang
By dpspanta on 04/16/05 22:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the hottest on the road. Beautiful car, and handles like a dream. I love it. The car relates to everyone. Old and young.

Old School Stang w/Modern Conveniences
By SonicStang on 04/16/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The interior is set to excite ... it is truly a cockpit! From the minute the engine roars to life to the end of the ride when you set the alarm, this car ROCKS. The steering is incredible on this monster - tight with no mushy give in the middle; handles like a dream. I thought I might have fun with this car for a year or so & save it as a weekend car after that, however I can see myself driving her on my 40 minute commute for years to come. The exterior experience is simple - hope you like to get looked at. The car feels like a car again - solid. I bought a Sonic Blue Premium 4LV6 and there are times the attention is "ALMOST" embarrassing, but I'm learning to get over that!

I love my '05 Mustang!
By Steve on 04/14/05 23:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just turned 1,000 miles on my '05 V6 Mustang. Acceleration and braking are great, as is the 5-speed auto trans. The car is very responsive and controllable, but the rear end can scoot sideways on you a bit when cornering fast on rough pavement. The solid rear axle handles differently then independent suspension, but the car is a blast to drive. The sound of the engine/exhaust is deep and so nice you will keep the radio off. The interior is comfortable and very cool looking. I highly recommend the interior upgrade package. The extra chrome, computer, gauges, My Color, and skid plates are worth twice the upgrade cost. The engineering and build quality of this vehicle is outstanding.

I love my Mustang
By Debbie on 04/10/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is far better than the 1989 GT we used to own. I love the retro-style. The V-6 has enough horsepower to get up and go. We chose the V-6 over the GT model purely for the insurance rates. The insurance was double on the GT. I have the windveil blue with the white stripes on the sides.

05' Stang
By Ken James on 03/31/05 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Typical problems with a re-tooled model which one should expect.

Love it!
By Moe on 03/30/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's a beauty. Young and old admire this car. I left work one day and found a crowd gathered around it. All fans. For the buck it's a blast. Fun to look at, fun to drive and easy on the pocketbook.

I love this car!
By Richard Rump on 03/28/05 14:44 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to buy a 2004 Mustang but my wife told me to wait until this year. I'm I glad I listened to my wife. This car is so much fun to drive. I can't believe the room you have in the car. The V6 is more then enough engine. I have been getting about 18 miles per gallon in the city. I have not taken it on a long trip yet but I'll bet you I'll get well over 20 miles per gallon. I have a Screaming Yellow and truly love it. Ford has a winner in this car.

Great 'Stang
By Chris on 03/24/05 18:15 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd buy a Ford car (I love the trucks), but when I took a test drive in the '05 Mustang, I drove off the lot and said "this is my car". Two days later I picked up the same car and drove it home. And it's been a thrill driving to work in the morning (a cool car helps the morning blues!) Great exterior from front to back and a kicking stereo system. Interior is tame and reminiscent of the late '60s models. Love it! Ford outdid themselves on this one-of-a-kind comeback!