Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I Love my '05 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe
By Premium Coupe

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My title says it all. I wasn't in the market to buy when I did. The retro styling, six cylinder gutsy engine and tough automatic transmission did it for me. It has way better performance and gas mileage than the 1996 Mustang GT I owned previously. Getting into the car is a little tough sometimes in the winter with a winter jacket on, but once in the cockpit it's wonderful. The sound system is killer and much better than in the house. The frontward curved head rests are a pain. I have driven only about 4500 miles in it since purchasing, but I want to keep low miles because of the investment potential for this car. Of all the cars and trucks I have owned, this one is the most fun.

Retro styling, six cylinder engine, awesome sound system, Premium styling package, wheels with spinners, durable fabric on seats.

Change the forward-facing headrests on the front bucket seats. Find a better way to hold on the exterior plastic drip moldings under the doors.

Nice Pony!
By Alex

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first Mustang (I'm 42 yrs, male); finally could afford it but more than that, I loved the new look. I love everything except the plastic look on the doors and the Shaker 500 Radio, which sometimes works crazy (doesn't respond to keys, doesn't read a brand new CD(?), or skips and goes back a couple of seconds without reason, or simply won't turn off and other crazy things. Everything else, is a great car!

Driving, power drive, retro look, seats, rims. Woofers are AWESOME! EVERYTHING!

Shaker 500 Radio should be tested or something. Mine goes crazy sometimes or has a mind of its own, and the performance is weird sometimes. Also 6 CD changer is sloow. Even sometimes won't read an MP3 (?) or won't read a brand new CD or won't turn off (?). Do something with plastic look doors.

Fun Car - nice sounds - good features!
By Rockin'Stang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car's wonderful and a ton of fun to drive! I owned a 2002 Mustang, but get to reap some wonderful improvements in the '05, including bigger (and more responsive) engine, the interior styling, and the premium audio system. Mine came with a Magnaflow double cat-back exhaust system giving the V6 the V8 look with a nice loud roar. I average about 20 miles to the gallon; probably isn't too bad, but not stellar either ... though not the reason you buy one. For someone like me (no kids) looking for an affordable, fast car, nice sound, leather seats and a head turner, this car is perfect and a nice compliment to my girlfriend's Acura TL. :)

Shaker 500 Audio, leather power seats, styling both inside and out.

A lil bit of a reach to get the seatbelt on but not terrible. Lil cramped for those in the back seat but this ain't a family car. Keys hit the knee, but again, not a big deal. Would love heated seats, a sunroof for the coupe model and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Stang '05
By nreck

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is an overall disappointment. I wish I could give it back. Not a good buy, definitely just spend the extra money for the GT! The car runs fine now but I wouldn't count on it like a Honda. With all of the other options out there, make sure you do your research first before deciding what car is perfect for you.

The stereo system.

More power! I know they can put more power in a V6; because every other car company is doing it.

It's the Best Stang Ever!
By JeffL

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ford outdid themselves. This car is awesome. I've owned quite a few Stangs since "65" and this is the best looking and performing. It turns heads and is a blast to drive. It's a little crowded for carpooling, but my carpoolers love it. I can't wait to drive it everyday. The only thing I would suggest is an inside trunk release and optional fog lights for the V6. The car's got some serious power for a six and gas mileage is pretty good. The auto tranny slips on occasion, but dealership told me that's normal. I'll get it checked at a different dealer. You got get yourself one of these!

Shaker 500 is great! Love those spinners. Styling is awesome inside and out. V6 power.

Trunk release, fog lights.