2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Ford stole me away from chevy
By MrChevyguy on 11/15/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I owned numerous chevy's, including a 2004 Z06, but the mustang is an amazing car. I ended up trading my z06 in on it. I know the z was faster, but the retro feel of the car took me back to my child hood and reminded me of why I love cars. I just hope chevy learns from them and comes back with a camaro to compete. Thank you ford.

'05 Mustang
By cdlafaver on 11/14/04 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been anticipating the arrival of the '05 Mustang for about a year and have been checking with various dealers now and then as to "when will they be here"? After being told "in a few weeks" by most everyone I was shocked to walk into a dealership that had one that went from their showroom floor to my garage floor in just over 1 hour! I am very please with this car except for one thing. On acceration (worse when cold) I get somewhat of a rumble from the transmission(5 speed). Their service department said it was gear lash and nothing could be done about it. Has anyone else noticed this? Where should I go to get help? Thanks for any comments.

The 40 year old that wouldn't buy a ford
By Punch on 11/14/04 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love it Loved it when I first saw picture a year and half ago Loved seeing it in person at the NY car show The trunk fits my large golf bag I am 6'4" and have an amazing amount of interior room and comfort The sound of the car is awesome Like I said I LOVE IT!

Old Muscle
By Adam Petro on 11/13/04 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace a old 1973 340 Plmouth Duster I owned for 18 years. I was getting tired of fixing the old car but loved the power and sound. Well I found the power and sound in a 2005. The mustang is a true rocket. If you nail it out of a stop it will smoke the wheels till it shifts. I have the automatic trans. The car is a true throwback to the early 70 muscle cars.I have 2,100 miles on it and so far no problems. The rear seat is useless. Even my sister had a hard time lifting herself out. But this is a muscle car not a family car.

Design and Dedication
By Doc Holliday on 11/13/04 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Sleek body lines, enough horsepower to pin you in the seat and just the right amount of retro redeux to make it sexier than ever. I have been quite impressed with this car, from its amaretto smooth shifting to its mind blowing ability to break loose in a moments notice. I have had Mustangs before but this car is definately the car to steal my heart. With a comfortable interior that is similar to the same interior of the glory days of the Mustang right down to the Shelby wheels that put 18 inches of rubber on the road. This car is by far the best Mustang to pound pavement in the past Thirty years.

The legend continues
By Back in the saddle on 11/12/04 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I bought this car all I could say is WOW! Fun to drive and really turns heads.

awesome
By Ramirez on 11/11/04 16:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i think the car is awesome in pretty much every way. i think you should make it just like the older cars (mustangs) because there is nothing like a classic car

Loves It
By SchwartzEP on 11/11/04 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I started to see the initial development of the concept I about fell over. I saw the actual concept last Nov in Vegas at the SEMA show and was still blown away. The only real change I found between the concept and the showfloor model is the exhaust. The concept had it coming out of the rear bumper. The actual does not. That probably is the only change I would make. Performance wise there is no comparison in its class. I read a magazine review that stated the engine was built like a canvas ready to be made into a work of art. Which it is, it is easy to access every part of the engine and its components. And the interior is not to shabby, maybe you should decide for yourself.

Best Mustang ever!
By ppgooding on 11/11/04 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Like a lot of car nuts, I put off a decision for 2 years while waiting for this car to arrive. It arrived, and I bought it. I'm amazed at the job Ford did with this car. It is a dream to drive, surefooted and solid as a rock. The V6 is a wonder, a huge improvement over the old one. The 5-speed auto shifts as smooth as butter. The styling is .... let me put it this way: Get used to having people come up to talk to you about it. It's one of those cars that looks better in person than it does in pictures ... and the pictures look really good. The car is a knockout. I may never buy another car.

What a ride!!!
By Jeff Snyder on 11/11/04 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this vehicle on 11/10/04 & I must say that Ford got it right with this all new 2005 Mustang!! I have yet to find a feature that I didn't like about this car! Well, one minor detail is that I feel they should put dual exhaust even on the V6 models, but hey, that's what Summit Racing & the other companies are for!