Used 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2005 Mustang Coupe
By M.T.C.

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of get up and go. Excellent handling with a smooth ride. Fairly quiet, but with just enough rumble to remind you it's a Mustang.

Absolutely love the clean body lines of the V6.

Tim's Toy
By Tim S

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After reading everything I could find online and elsewhere, I figured I'd wait a couple years before getting one. I was raised on Chevy 350 V-8's. I switched to FWD MAZDA 323's and Protege's. In February of this year, I went to get an estimate on my 60,000 mile service and replace my timing belt and hoses to keep my extended warranty intact. Talk about sticker shock, over $1,100 estimate with labor. I used my X-plan discount thru work and returned to RWD with no regrets. I am quite impressed with this V6, roughly 18 mpg city, tight as a drum and makes me feel like a kid again. I don't have the anti-lock brakes/traction control but have had no problems at all in rain or snow.

As it is, it's already a head turner. It's a V6 Deluxe Coupe that's Mineral Grey with Charcoal MUSTANG cloth interior, 5-speed automatic transmission, Sport Appearance Group and 16" bright machined aluminum wheels with chrome spinners. Equipped with very few factory options for "RETRO" personalization.

First aftermarket change I did was upgrading to sequential tail lamps and hooking up my XM radio. The windows are getting tinted day after tomorrow. On order currently are 1) Black Reflective "MACH 1" style rear decal, 2) Blackout Rear Taillight Panel, 3) Pony Insignia Floor Mats and 4) Dashpad Cover.

05' Stang
By Ken James

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Typical problems with a re-tooled model which one should expect.

The look. - classic retro look.

Could have offered a temp/direction gauge above the mirror. Heated seats would be a nice option.

Can it possibly get any better?
By graphicguy

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Having been a "hard core" sports car fan, this is the first "American Sports Car" I've owned. It would be an understatement to say how impressed I am. It's got it all; the style, the muscle, the refinement, the "growl" and the attitude. Aside from the startlingly great straight line performance, the suspension strikes a surprisingly good balance between handling and ride comfort. The seats are comfy while holding you in place. The Interior Upgrade Package with real aluminum dash is quite the looker. Shift feel is positive and quick. Brakes haul you down with "right now" stopping power. Build quality is among the best I've experienced in any car. It's tight and solid

-styling inside and out -performance -comfort -interior is as beautiful as the exterior with the Interior Upgrade Package -great Shaker stereo (shaker is the right word for it, too). -Sound of the engine (even just idling) -Great brakes -Great shifter -It's great that Ford priced it like common cars.

That 2 foot antenna could be 1/2 the size with no degradation in sound quality.

Love it!
By Moe

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's a beauty. Young and old admire this car. I left work one day and found a crowd gathered around it. All fans. For the buck it's a blast. Fun to look at, fun to drive and easy on the pocketbook.

The fastback styling. The instrument panels - so retro! The seats are finally comfortable. Feels strong and goes like the wind.

Cup holders are in the way. Radio controls could be a bit more easily read but that will just take time to get used to.