Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Major Problems Reconsider Before You Buy
By Jess

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had major rattling in the dash, the driver's seat pops, the sending unit had to be replaced because my gas kept showing empty when it was full. The gas went over when I was filling, or just stopped when it was 1/2 full and wouldn't go anymore. The transmission is AWFUL! It acts like it's in neutral and revs sometimes while I'm driving it, or just taking off; then CLUNKS into gear. Nobody can fix it, they can't figure it out. It shifts very hard. And the other day the abs locked up on one wheel when I started it up, METAL-ON-METAL grinding; after a lil bit of going back and forth and slamming on the brakes it quit, took it to the shop, they couldn't' figure anything out. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior and interior LOOK.

Suggested Improvements

Fix transmission and rattling! And check the brakes!

I'm never buying a Ford again
By crc0069

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

All that I have had is problems with this car and every time time I take it to the dealer, they don't want to work on it. Items that have had problems: Gas gauge which is failing again 1 year later, Transmission does not shift at the 3rd shift point unless you let up on the gas and push it down again, Windshield washer bottle 2 times, trunk switch, strip was replaced, the front-end could be aligned and need a shime about $140, the steering wheel has always had a shimmy (guessing that the rotor are warped). Water pump went and they did not even want to look at it until I ask what I would need to do when it blow up on the way home. Unsafe to drive.

Favorite Features

The look of the car. And by the way I ran out of space above in my review. There is more.

Suggested Improvements

Ford's warranty means nothing. If your going to give a warranty, please fix something and don't try to void my warranty every time I show up. Even the Ford 800 number didn't care! What's up with that????

Best Mustang V6 i ever driven!
By bikersam

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

05 Mustang V6 is the best car i ever driven, the 4.0 engine is fast and fuel efficient and reliable, i don't know what people are complainning about, when i buy a car, i don't care about the looks, the small things that go wrong with it, i go for preformance, the Motor and Trans, those are the most importance of a car, if the motor and transmission is in good working condition and so far, i had this Mustang since 2005 and its 2012, i have no problems with the engine and transmission and thats great for a Ford!! The only small problems was the battery went bad in 4 years, thats normal for any car, the dashboard gages went bad on the temp. and fuel gage, no big problem!

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard Gages, besides, that, Nothing!

You will not be sorry.
By steve craft

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

A more gorgeous, fun to drive, fun to look at, no troubles in sight car you couldn't find. In a world of cars that look like tylenol capsules & are a big bore in general, you have a REAL car: the ford mustang! With its big heavy- set eyebrows and its throaty (but not obnoxious) growl. Handles a dry turn with determination, LOVES the road in terms of wanting a good run...it will ask to pull toward 80 rather than cantering at 65. Cars & especially trucks politely get out of the way to let the glory of this American Original shine, as it gracefully owns the road, weaving or not weaving, gaining or not gaining as the mood fits. I have had it 3 years. Bottom line: If I could buy 3, I would!

Favorite Features

Beauty. Handling. Stamina. Speed. Sound. Trunk space. AMAZING gas mileage, as it uses only regular fuel. …Did I say how sexy and gorgeous it is?? Did I mention what NOT a mediocrity is among bland averageness? Oh, and PRICE! I suppose it doesnt handle like a BMW, but 10x cooler - like a MUSTANG!

Suggested Improvements

It doesn't have weaknesses. Plush heated seats? No, its a man's car. Keeps it simple, and exudes total character. Its only weakness is that people ask you questions about it all the time. But a lot of those people are cute, so I dont suggest improving that.

Finally!
By Leslie

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had been yearning for a Mustang for several years and finally realized that life was too short not to have it! I am now more in love with muscle cars than ever before and wish that I could have gotten the 8 cylinder (insurance wanted too much). Unfortunately, I do mostly NYC street driving to and from work 5 days/week. A real joy when I am driving around upstate NY. I never have to think twice about lane changes or pulling onto any highway. At first, it takes muscle to drive this car's stick. So much fun to break it in though. I got a lot of attention in 2005 when I first got the car. Best looking rear end on a car ever!

Favorite Features

I love the way the engine sounds. I love the feel of downshifting. I love the way the body looks. I also love the curve of the front bumper. It's got that nice angle on the sides so it's not dented or scratched as much by other people who don't know how to parallel park.

Suggested Improvements

A plastic thingy popped off pretty quickly...but I am not surprised that it happened. You don't own a Ford without expecting a bit of drama. I don't like that the vent can't be opened without turning on the fan. The option of a power seat on the passenger side would have been good too.