Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not Bad
By Travis

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The dealer is great. Free oil changes for life. This V6 sounds a teeny bit like a V8. I like it. It rides a bit rough over pothole repaired city streets. It feels quite good on the highway.

Its appearance.

Ditch the live rear axle.

fun car!
By banshee

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my v-8 stang for the more economical v-6. I enjoy driving this car as I am on the interstate every day going to work. I miss the sound of my v-8, but I definitely don't miss the premium gas or gas mileage it got. The 2005 is very good on gas, and of course, a Mustang is not a Mustang if it's an automatic. Therefore, I can still squeal the tires in this 5 speed if I have to! I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't race anyone in this car, hence the much better gas mileage, but at 30 mpg, I'd say my little red stang keeps up with them foreign cars in that area. As for the look of the car, it's absolutely beautiful, and makes me feel good driving it!

The 5 speed can keep up with the best of them! It's a very sexy car!

The chrome around the different sections of the dash can be quite blinding from the sun at times.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By cdo

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, beautiful ride. Ford finally got it right.

The exterior.

Stop offering so many automatics and so few manual transmissions. It's a performance car, Ford. The auto transmission just takes away from the pickup.

Mustang somewhat disappointing
By jjkjrii

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I both have 2005 mustangs and both have some of the same problems. Both cd players skip and will not play the cd at times. Both had to have rear windows replaced because they distorted the view out of them. Both have a harmonic vibration in the exhaust system that ford has no fix for it, the one that I drive has a noisy rear end {gear noise}. So much for improving quality. Ford seems to think sell cars the heck with quality.

Car looks great.

Get some input from the people that have the cars and fix the problems right away not when you get around to it.

Great car needs more quality work inside
By neflstang

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been a pleasure to own. It rides really well especially compared to previous years for the Mustang. The interior is a little cheap even for trying to be retro looking. Upgrade to the leather seats. They are much more comfortable. Overall, the car is just what you would expect from a Mustang and it really turns a lot of heads while you are driving it.

Love the dark red color and the upgraded sound system is worth every penny. Leather power seats are a must!

Put more workmanship into the interior. It can look retro without looking plastic. Make the spoiler standard.