2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Too much fun.
By Retrofun on 07/25/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We weren't planning on buying a Mustang, just taking a look, but the price was right and the retro style was too good to pass up. We are very pleased with the way the car handles. It has lots of get up and go, and there is no roll when cornering. The Shaker 500 sound system is an excellent stereo and the car is very comfortable when driving long distances. We love the retro look, but never would have guessed how many people would stare when we drive by; it's a real head turner. This car is a keeper, we plan to own it for a long time.

My 2005 Mustang Coupe
By Janet Richardson on 07/10/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a beauty! I have never seen anything attract more stares, than this beautiful screaming yellow Mustang. Great gas mileage, runs smooth, reliable, etc. This beautiful retro version of the 1969 Mustang has the appearance of the 1969 dashboard, that is a real looker. Old and young alike are buying these cars, and if you can find one, buy it!! I understand that Ford has quit making them and they are getting ready for the 2006. I hope they don't copy this one. It is an original and a beauty. I find people taking pictures of it wherever I go. I am going to car shows soon and "cruise the gut" with old friend, in my retro mach Mustang. It has brought a lot of joy to my life!

Some pony!
By BLAZIN" on 06/25/05 08:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Driving home after looking for a new car, with nothing particularly catching my eye, I saw IT and as they say "the rest is history." Before, a car was just a car. Driving was a task not a pleasure. Those ways of thinking are long gone. One word of advice ... BE CAREFUL ... the power of this v-6 is amazing. This car will fly with no effort or strain. If speeding is a problem for you, I hope you have cruise. Boy, I would be in big trouble with a V- 8. :-)

Just like old times.....only better
By Phil on 05/23/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having owned a '66 Mustang and a '73 Mustang, when I first saw the pictures of the '05 in a Northwest Airline magazine a couple of years ago, I was intrigued. When I finally saw one in person in October of '04, I was hooked. I ordered a Legend Lime Metallic 6 cylinder/5 speed for my wife for a surprise 40th birthday present. We had to special order the car, and it didn't make it in time for her birthday, but it was well worth the wait. Surprising torque for a 6, great manual tranny, fairly comfortable interior, even with our 11 and 10 year old daughters in back, great handling for a live rear axle car, and those looks....oh, those looks. Not a car to own if you want to be incognito.

MY CAR
By Steph119 on 05/10/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been through 2 Mustangs. The first one the engine locked up at 400 miles and now I have another one and the transmission is messing up. I love my car but it seems that they have too many problems.

'05 Mustang
By Bob Oakes on 05/08/05 06:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Sporty handling and not so sporty ride. Comfortable interior, all controls easy to use except the trip odometer (you have to reach throught the steering wheel).

Best Mustang in Years
By Michelle260 on 04/28/05 09:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is one great car. I love the way it drives and sounds. Sixty-eight fastback was always my dream car, so when the new body style came out is was a have to have for me! Love it!

2005 Mustang Coupe
By M.T.C. on 04/06/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of get up and go. Excellent handling with a smooth ride. Fairly quiet, but with just enough rumble to remind you it's a Mustang.

Tim's Toy
By Tim S on 04/03/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After reading everything I could find online and elsewhere, I figured I'd wait a couple years before getting one. I was raised on Chevy 350 V-8's. I switched to FWD MAZDA 323's and Protege's. In February of this year, I went to get an estimate on my 60,000 mile service and replace my timing belt and hoses to keep my extended warranty intact. Talk about sticker shock, over $1,100 estimate with labor. I used my X-plan discount thru work and returned to RWD with no regrets. I am quite impressed with this V6, roughly 18 mpg city, tight as a drum and makes me feel like a kid again. I don't have the anti-lock brakes/traction control but have had no problems at all in rain or snow.

Mustang or Donkey?
By JAY on 02/18/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After less than a thousand miles Ford had to replace my entire engine because a loud noise was coming from it and they didn't know what was causing it. The new engine is making a new awkward noise. The wheel brackets had to be changed at 1200 miles because everytime I would turn the wheel, clanking noises would be heard. The interior has many rattling noises that can drive a person crazy, and going over cracks on the road is no vacation. There is a loud whistle coming from the engine at exactly 1500 rpm. Ford service is too slow and doesnt show much appreciation for it's customers. Every time a problem is fixed a new one shows up. Spend your money on something of better quality.