2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Just the facts
By Ron Bernstein

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered in December. from a dealer that had no allocation. Re-ordered in April, finally arrived June. Top ripped around window, factory just replaced. The A/C was better (colder) in my 2000. No inside glove box truck release. Why only 1 rear window switch for both. The key rubs your leg (should be higher). Shaker 1000 not worth the money, besides eats trunk space. Quiet, fast, good looking; no doubt this car is a classic. Even with the faults, where could you buy a better car for the money? Headlights are great for the back roads. Backseat not bad in a pinch.This car stands out in a crowd.

Favorite Features

20+ miles per gallon at 75 MPH, MP3 player, quiet with top up or down, dash colors are great and the computer (fuel used, mpg, etc.) works well. I'm sure resale value will be super ... if I ever decide to sell.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights, dimmer mirror, trunk release and light in glove box. More interior storage (maybe bigger door pockets, backseat pockets). XM radio. Bigger gas tank would be nice.

HOT '05 GT
By ken

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding, could not find a better car so I bought it. I would do it over again and again. A far out automobile.

Favorite Features

Drive train, body, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Do a better job of painting under trunk and under hood.

The Car I Always Wanted
By triangleman

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't decide what I like best about this car. I have had so many people stop and look at the car and just say "it's beautiful". Then I hop in and drive; it's a blast, it just rips off the line and handles crisply. The seats are comfortable and the wind noise is better than my old Miata. The only disappointment is the Shaker 500 stereo; it lacks sophistication and the CD player is very finicky with MP3 discs. The door mounted sub-woofers cause the door handles to vibrate and hum when handling low frequencies.

Favorite Features

Convertible, styling, V8 Power, seats

Suggested Improvements

Need an integrated CD/Navigation/Satellite Radio unit (like GM offers). Shaker 500/1000 is really technologically behind. I plan on putting in an aftermarket unit ASAP.

2005 Mustang Experience
By William

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited several months to receive delivery on Red Convertible. Everything I expected. Have taken three trips: around Colorado (over 12000 foot mountain pass), into South Dakota and through Wyoming, Montana, Canada Rockies, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Handled beautifully! Very responsive. A solid car, corners very well (makes driving fun again). I get at least one compliment each time I take it out on the road.

Favorite Features

Styling creates attention. Windows that go up one-quarter inch when doors close.

Suggested Improvements

I have the small radio. Change the features. On the road I cannot get road information because scanning feature skips over those frequencies.

I LOVE it!
By Terry

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I had a 2002 Mustang and it cannot compare to the new one. I feel safer; the roof is not so close to your head. I absolutely recommend this car with no hesitations!

Favorite Features

Convertible top down! Love how the front end looks!

Suggested Improvements

I don't really like how the headrest is situated.

I finally own one
By Mark

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't been in the Mustang market for years. After the 60's and early 70's they seem to have lost their appeal (to me anyway). I have the V-6 premium fully loaded, black with red leather interior. The new style brought me back. I am very happy with the purchase -- so reasonably priced.

Favorite Features

The interior layout and the exterior. Trunk has plenty of room for a car this size.

Suggested Improvements

Unpackage that ugly side stripe with the spoiler. I ordered mine without both and added the spoiler after it got here. It costs a little more to do it that way.

POWER!
By Retro

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and it's an amazing vehicle. I own a Hummer and and BMW so this is the summer car and it delivers. Tremendous power, awesome interior (red w/ accent) and great exterior retro look. It turns heads whereever we go. Nice backseat room in comparison to other years models.

Favorite Features

Power, the look and oh yeah ... POWER!

Suggested Improvements

Seat memory. Nicer optional rims.

VRRRROOOOOOOOM
By michele

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Mustang handles excellent. 6 speed manual engages easily. Pick up phenomenal. Convertible easy to put up and down. Ride is easy and comfortable for a sports car. Looks great too!

Favorite Features

Sonic blue with tan top and interior. Speed!

Suggested Improvements

Even though retro missing is dimming feature on rearview mirror and compass. Some things you get spoiled with.

NICE!
By Christine

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is as close to heaven as you can possibly get while on this earth! Though I must say that I would have preferred an original 64 1/2, this car is just as great to own, drive, and ride in. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up; even if only for a test drive or as a rental car. This car will make even the biggest nerd feel like a star! I have been in love with these cars for as long as I can remember and this car is the only one that I would even consider categorizing as one of my favorite cars, beside the original 64 1/2 red with white wall tires and white leather interior and a white convertible top, with all original parts.

Favorite Features

The whole thing!

V-6 better deal
By Lana Feulner

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Customer service is a 2. All this talk about the V8 being so great ... well I test drove it and thought it was too masculine and loud for a female's taste! In addition, I requested to exchange a hood with no spoiler. I love the new design of the Ford Mustang with its smooth lines .... without the spoiler and the fog lights (gag - gag and gag.) This look is the "real" Mustang." Love the Windveil blue. Best idea is to purchase the car with cloth seats and then upgrade leather at dealer's cost - only $1163.00

Favorite Features

Nose of grill and hood without the ugly fog lights. The straight lines in body - the most "handsome" look I've seen in years - without smelly cologne.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger side needs to have adjustable seats. Also - make sure that there is no erosion and dirt on exhaust pipe area. I told them and they started to make excuses - cars that had the same erosion and told me it's from the Chicago plant? Whatever! BMW has better customer service.