2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Just the facts
By Ron Bernstein on 09/04/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered in December. from a dealer that had no allocation. Re-ordered in April, finally arrived June. Top ripped around window, factory just replaced. The A/C was better (colder) in my 2000. No inside glove box truck release. Why only 1 rear window switch for both. The key rubs your leg (should be higher). Shaker 1000 not worth the money, besides eats trunk space. Quiet, fast, good looking; no doubt this car is a classic. Even with the faults, where could you buy a better car for the money? Headlights are great for the back roads. Backseat not bad in a pinch.This car stands out in a crowd.

HOT '05 GT
By ken on 08/31/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding, could not find a better car so I bought it. I would do it over again and again. A far out automobile.

The Car I Always Wanted
By triangleman on 08/25/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't decide what I like best about this car. I have had so many people stop and look at the car and just say "it's beautiful". Then I hop in and drive; it's a blast, it just rips off the line and handles crisply. The seats are comfortable and the wind noise is better than my old Miata. The only disappointment is the Shaker 500 stereo; it lacks sophistication and the CD player is very finicky with MP3 discs. The door mounted sub-woofers cause the door handles to vibrate and hum when handling low frequencies.

2005 Mustang Experience
By William on 08/23/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited several months to receive delivery on Red Convertible. Everything I expected. Have taken three trips: around Colorado (over 12000 foot mountain pass), into South Dakota and through Wyoming, Montana, Canada Rockies, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Handled beautifully! Very responsive. A solid car, corners very well (makes driving fun again). I get at least one compliment each time I take it out on the road.

I LOVE it!
By Terry on 08/19/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I had a 2002 Mustang and it cannot compare to the new one. I feel safer; the roof is not so close to your head. I absolutely recommend this car with no hesitations!

I finally own one
By Mark on 07/18/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't been in the Mustang market for years. After the 60's and early 70's they seem to have lost their appeal (to me anyway). I have the V-6 premium fully loaded, black with red leather interior. The new style brought me back. I am very happy with the purchase -- so reasonably priced.

POWER!
By Retro on 07/17/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and it's an amazing vehicle. I own a Hummer and and BMW so this is the summer car and it delivers. Tremendous power, awesome interior (red w/ accent) and great exterior retro look. It turns heads whereever we go. Nice backseat room in comparison to other years models.

VRRRROOOOOOOOM
By michele on 07/17/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Mustang handles excellent. 6 speed manual engages easily. Pick up phenomenal. Convertible easy to put up and down. Ride is easy and comfortable for a sports car. Looks great too!

NICE!
By Christine on 07/15/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is as close to heaven as you can possibly get while on this earth! Though I must say that I would have preferred an original ‘64 1/2, this car is just as great to own, drive, and ride in. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up; even if only for a test drive or as a rental car. This car will make even the biggest nerd feel like a star! I have been in love with these cars for as long as I can remember and this car is the only one that I would even consider categorizing as one of my favorite cars, beside the original ‘64 1/2 red with white wall tires and white leather interior and a white convertible top, with all original parts.

V-6 better deal
By Lana Feulner on 07/14/05 03:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Customer service is a 2. All this talk about the V8 being so great ... well I test drove it and thought it was too masculine and loud for a female's taste! In addition, I requested to exchange a hood with no spoiler. I love the new design of the Ford Mustang with its smooth lines .... without the spoiler and the fog lights (gag - gag and gag.) This look is the "real" Mustang." Love the Windveil blue. Best idea is to purchase the car with cloth seats and then upgrade leather at dealer's cost - only $1163.00