Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

hot '05 GT
By ken carr

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven a lot of cars and have had many many new cars and this is the best of them all. I have to say I sold a 1972 Pantera to buy one of these guys. This Mustang will run circles around the Pantera. Ford is on the right track with this pony. I say drive it first and you will be sold. Be sure to buy it loaded and the V8.

The engine, transmission, interior, wheels, exhaust system, and Shaker 1000.

Just one -- do a better job of painting under the trunk.

Perfect Summer Car
By Son's Stang

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The seats remind you of a BMW, dash of the classic Mustang, Shaker stereo system is impressive with nice features like random play and has great sound quality. The turn signal sounds like a Cadillac. In fact the ride feels like what I imagine a Cadillac CTS would feel like. But the engine purrs like a kitty and can growl like a tiger when you step on it. The 2005 Stang redefines what a modern day muscle car should be. It is comfortable enough to drive every day and still enjoy it without regret. The only thing missing is a telescoping steering wheel for tall people who will tend to recline more. The steering wheel doesn't tilt down as far as I would have expected. This car is Revolutionary!

Tuned exhaust. Great muscle car feel. Shaker stereo system. 5 spoke Krager type older looking rims. Front grill, hood, GT fog lights, Convertible Z-fold with automatic roll-up down windows to get a good seal. Programmable colored dash. Comfortable. White with tan interior great for hot summer days.

Telescoping steering wheel. Temperature gauge and compass. Independent rear suspension. Scoop on the hood.

Lexus to Mustang
By Clint Crawford

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first Ford i ever purchased. Going from a 2003 Lexus RX300 SUV to a performance sports car might seem crazy. However I am turning 30 next month and I need some excitement. It is awesome, fast, good looking, and just all around cool. Had to go with the automatic because of my wife, but the performance is not much different. This is by far my favorite of 8, yes 8 new cars I have had in the last 10 years. By the way I was only able to drive the V6 coupe before purchasing my convertible. GT. Thank you Ford for not letting me down.

Red Leather, MY color dash lighting (wife loves this). SPEED. Getting a Valentine for my birthday. Before the speeding tickets.

Still a little shaky handling when on extremely rough roads, but still controllable.

Pure fun
By bill

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I looked at lots of different convertibles and loved the looks of the new Mustang. Bought it without ever test driving and what Pure Fun this car is. Handles great, great acceleration and turns heads.

Acceleration/Handling/Sound.

Seats should go a little lower for tall people. Seat should go back to original postion when letting someone in back.

So much fun
By scott strotz

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I have had this new Mustang for just a short while. We got the first one in. It is an absolute blast to drive. Every time we get in it the thrill level gets higher. Ford really did a great job with this one.

No top. Fast.