2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Yah Baby!
By MyxMach1 on 03/26/05 04:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After a four month wait I got my 'Stang. Have not had one in 20 years and what a car! I drive semi-performance autos and this Mustang GT blows them away. I am used to twice the price tag and I'd give the others away to keep this car. My Dad was with me to take delivery. He ordered the brand new '64 Mustang and waited over 4 months for his back in the day. He also worked as a Ford product specialist (trainer) for some time and has many track days under instruction. I let him drive back :-).

First Ford
By Convert on 03/24/05 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Wow. This car pulled me out of my Mopar's for the first time in my life (age 41). I have not liked Ford car designs for years now. Nothing excited me like this car (in this price range). I have the manual and the shifting is very smooth. For 300 hp I think the acceleration is poor but the sound is awesome. The sound is why I got the V8 over the V6. The handling is very "secure". The driving outputs match the inputs very well. The retro dash with MyColor is a great mix of new and old. I feel the 500 radio is more than enough for someone my age. Great convertible top seal so far. Low wind noise. Mentioned before on this site, this car sure does get looks! Screaming Yellow.

Mustang Returns to its Roots
By jchiar1a on 03/17/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I used to own a '69 Mustang Fastback back in 1980. Of course I probably spent more time under the hood than driving it but I honestly thought that the styling of that particular year and model Mustang was bar far the best ever. This year's design is reminiscent of the '69 design and delivers beautiful lines with the styling that evokes the same feelings I had about my '69. It is fast, comfortable and as an added plus handles like a true 2005 sports car. I have a fully loaded '05 Yellow GT convertible and I love it. It draws attention wherever I go. I truly believe that Ford has created another classic with this new Mustang.

better than ever
By 67729094 on 03/05/05 05:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

An e-ticket ride. The GT 300 hp engine is a rocket ship on wheels. I've had 4 Mustangs, my favorite until now was a red 3511972 Mach 1. This car is superior in every way in acceleration and handling, although Mustangs always do best when traveling in a straight line. Forget the back seats, this is a two person car. Nice leather finished seats are comfortable.