2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A Poor Man's Bentley Continental GT
By Walt Lockwood on 07/10/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The 2005 Mustang GT surpasses my other five Mustang purchases -- all GTs. From the moment it is placed in drive, the responsiveness is unparalleled. Handling is superb although the ride is a bit rough. The body workmanship is noticeably well done, e.g., no gaps or ripples and everything fits well. The downside are the front seats, i.e., the head rests are too far forward causing both a pain in the neck and a back ache when driving for any distance. While the seat is adjustable in virtually every direction it could move, no setting produces a comfortable ride -- the headrest is not adjustable. Still, for the price, it's probably the best sports buy of the American market.

Sweet Chariot
By Deborah Oliver on 07/10/05 07:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is awesome for the money. I Love it so much. I have to be careful with it or a I will get a ticket from the nice policeman! We own a 1970 Mach 1 and it looks just like it. The car makes me smile every time I drive it. If you are thinking of getting one, good luck and get the GT with a standard transmission. There is a lot of aftermarket for this car to make it even sweeter than it is.

Best Mustang Ever
By Bob on 07/09/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My new Mustang is the GT with an automatic tranny. It is a great looker and an even better performer. The back seat is too small for anyone to sit in except for children, but the front seats are very comfortable. I only have a few hundred miles on my Mustang and everything was and is working just fine. No complaints. There was a long wait for the car (3 1/2 months). It was worth the wait!

If they could just get small things fixed
By criziz on 06/29/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car overall is fabulous. The only sticking point is the radio (Shaker 500) and the heater control unit. I've had 4 radios in the car and it still doesn't work correctly. The heater control unit pumps air through the defrost and feet even when it isn't on. Ford's response? Tell the customer that's how it is supposed to work. That's simple irresponsible to say. My service manager allowed me to hear that on a phone call to Ford. Unbelievable. Shame on Ford for that. Now that doesn't mean I dislike the car, its fabulous and a blast to drive. Just hate the company for thinking so little of their loyal customers.

The Mustang is back! Ford got it Right!
By AJC-05GT on 06/28/05 02:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford finally got it right with the Mustang. The retro look brought me into the dealership to take a closer look. I have never had such a fun car to drive. Even though I have the great Shaker 1000 stereo system I spend most of my time listening to the growl of the engine. The car has great performance and handling characteristics off the show room floor. Make sure to get the 5 speed manual transmission as this is a true driver's car. With a few inexpensive bolt on upgrades and a computer reflash this car becomes a serious rocket and will easily pull low 13s in the quarter mile.

So Boss
By SOBOSS on 06/16/05 01:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have added a few mod's, lowering springs, Kuhmo 255/50/WR17 tires, shorty headers, SCT Flash, Cold Air, under drive pulley. Dyno'd out at 301 RWHP and 312 RWTQ and that is prior to the headers; at the flywheel about 350HP. I was going to go the super charger route but I don't feel it's worth it. I'm going to replace the charge motion plates which should get me 375HP. This is the best Stang I've owned, I've had a 68' Shelby GT350, 69' Boss 302, 73' Mach1 with 4V Heads and 01' GT.

2005 Mustang GT
By Stanggirl2005 on 06/15/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I special ordered this car in April of 2004 and received it last October. It was worth the wait. The front passengers have plenty of room compared to the older models, and the car is driver friendly. This is a gorgeous car! I'm still getting used to people hanging out of their cars staring as I go down the road.

Fun for Everyone!
By joe champ on 06/11/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car appeals to middle age me and my pre-teen kids. It draws more comments in the area I live in than a new Ferrari or Mercedes because it is fun. People follow me around to get a look at it. The car is pure fun to drive. The exhaust, wind in your face, acceleration is pure American Muscle; all this in a package that seats four and carries two plus sets of golf clubs in the trunk. What more can you ask for? The price is right. Exterior is stunning and performance dead on. I do wish Ford had spent another $2,000 to finish out the interior. I would gladly have paid for less plastic and more quality there. Overall, this car is a must have!

Premium GT Coupe
By Waltger on 06/11/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best car I ever purchased. Car is awesome. Real muscle performance. Great response even with 5 speed auto transmission. GT in short supply. Very difficult to find without dealer markup in Northeast area.

2005 Ford Mustang GT
By Brandy Bergstresser on 06/11/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My new Ford GT has been awesome to drive. It's the best car I've ever owned. It's power is incredible and it's so smooth. I barely even notice when I go over a bump, and there's no wind noise. It's very comfortable. My leather interior is so fine. The Ford Mustang GT exterior and interior is extremely well made. I've had SO many compliments on it! As soon as people see it and drive it, they want to own one themselves.