Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best car I've owned, that's saying a lot
By jtmears

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

1.5 years, 26k miles and I LOVE this car! Cruises like a BMW 540i and sounds way more cool! Handling is as good as a solid axle can get. Retro interior is comfortable and looks great. Good quality leather, although the plastics could use improvement. Shaker 1000 kicks butt for a stock system. Build quality is good for the price range and greatly improved over the older Mustangs (this makes #5 for me). It's not quite as fast or torquey as my LS1 Trans-Am, but WAY better quality. Has only been to the shop once for something very minor. Gas mileage leaves a little to be desired, but I would have bought a Honda or something if I cared about that. SWEET CAR!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, interior comfort & ergonomics. Outside looks pretty sweet too! It even has a nice shifter, which Mustangs have NEVER had before.

Suggested Improvements

Drinks gas. I've had cars with equal or more power that got 10 MPG better, which seems unacceptable these days. Paint looks good but is typical Ford cheap - gets rock chips & acid rain spots far too easily. Interior plastics are cheap and scratch too easily. Feels tight, but has a few rattles.

Still Lovin it
By darrin

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Owned this car for almost a year. Still drives like new. It's my daily driver and I have a blast commuting. No problems.

Favorite Features

The profile, color (black/black), power, and exhaust note (wow)! FUN!

Suggested Improvements

Two things: Cup holder placement; I have a manual transmission. What a pain shifting. Trunk release: My previous 02 GT premium had a release in the glove along with the FOB.

Still love It
By linda

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Still loving this car. Handles great, looks great. Still an eye turner after 18 months. Went from an Escalade to the Mustang (what a dichotomy) and have not regretted it. I usually get a new car every 2 years but the Mustang I plan to keep. Have not gotten tired of it yet. I believe Ford designers really did the job right this time.

Favorite Features

The car is fast and fun to drive. Considering the V8 under the hood, I am happy to report 22 miles to the gallon---respectable I think. I live the looks of the exterior especially. The interior is simple and user friendly. I have the manual transmission and love to drive it. The shift is very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Interior, although simple, is cheap. Too much plastic. Could cut the plastic on the doors and add padding. An interior trunk latch would be nice. After 18 months seats are a bit broken down, perhaps more padding should be added at the factory. Still a hot car!

Best Pony Ever
By Mark

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best performance car I've ever owned, and right at home parked next to my 1964 1/2 Mustang. High performance and great mileage (25.5 mpg at 70 mph). Very comfortable. Holds the road in turns like no other. Shaker 1000 is incredible sound system. GREAT job by the FORD Team!

Favorite Features

POWER!

Suggested Improvements

More interior color options.

My Baby
By 2005 stang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a muscle car and I'm proud to own this one. I compared to other cars out there; and am very happy with what I got for the price I paid. This pony peels out fast and looks good doing it.

Favorite Features

The looks, the power, the stereo and the dash. Love that My Color.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I have to whine about is the hard plastic on the door panels. Wish Ford would've padded these instead.