2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Mid Life Crisis
By Lou on 05/24/05 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I decided to have a mid-life crisis, this car was the ticket. I was a teenager during the 70's, when everyone wanted one of the "cool" Mustang's from the 60's. I have driven many of these over the years, and until now, did not realize what I was missing until I got the 2005 model. I can't believe how wonderful this car performs, and how much attention it gets everywhere I go. My daughter even used the line of "they pimped my ride" the first time she sat in the car. Pretty good feed back from someone who is 13 going on 30. So far no mechanical issues, and 24 mpg combined mileage. The torque is great and the engine just pulls the car without effort at 70 mph.

Awesome Stang!
By slickwick on 05/22/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Red Stang for 3 weeks now and its a fabulous hot car and I've never ever had so much fun driving a car. I am always eager to jump into the drivers seat. The car has got great power, great acceleration and a very sturdy muscular feel to it. I love the sound of the engine. Antilock brakes and Traction Control are highly recommended upgrades for good handling during wet and snowy conditions. Only problem I've had so far is that my Air Bag & Safety Warning Light remains on. The dealer says they have to get the sensor replaced. Baring that glitch, everything else is great about the car. The retro modern design just rocks! Heads just turn towards my car at every stop light or toll.

Overpriced American Car
By Chris K. on 05/20/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is nice looking. But thats about as far as it goes. There is no back seat room. The dash and instrument panel are very inexpensive, looking like something you would find in a $10K car. Even the leather seats have room for improvement. The automatic transmission clunks when you put it in gear. The rear end feels like your riding on marbles. The list goes on. My wife wanted this car for its looks and from driving it, that's all it has.

Reliving our youth
By Rmtnone on 05/20/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I bought our Mustang in April, and so far we are very happy with every aspect of the car. We find the handling and performance of the car outstanding. My husband compares it to his '68 Mustang and thinks it is even more fun. We have the exterior sports package and I have to say that we could live without the Mustang decal, but that is probably the only thing we would change. Overall, this a great car, we would prefer to get better gas mileage, but if your going to have a car like this I guess gas mileage isn't at the top of your list. Reliving your youth could be though. Thanks Ford for bringing back a REAL Mustang!

2005 Mustang V-6 Premium
By captnfred on 05/20/05 00:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

While the 2005 Mustang V-6 is no GT Muscle Car, it is a great bargain, has adequate power, is very quick and handles like a sports car should. The Premium version with leather has a classic interior that's comfortable and sporty. The car is rock solid with no rattles or creaks. The Shaker 500 sound system is OK but could use more midrange. Great ride for the price.

Ford finally turns heads
By Retro Stang Dun Rite on 05/07/05 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

New chassis, suspension and looks all done to perfection. Solid body doors/hood/trunk close with a 'thump' and offers an extemely quite ride. Ride amazingly soft for sports car but plenty stiff enough for hard turns and braking. 4 discs are even, steady, smooth with no worry handling when hit hard. Dashboard all within easy reach, well organized. Love position/style (flat/round) turn & wiper levers (unique DOWN for mist & up for wipe). Hardly no 'blind spot' (adjustable side mirrors). seat belts are comfy. "MUSTANG" cloth seats look better than they wear. Lots of front room. Gas mileage nice. Why 20 years for a new frame?

Very Satisfied
By Larry on 05/04/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had my Mustang (Premimum V6) for two weeks and have totaly enjoyed it. I took a 500 mile trip, secondary roads and interstates, the second day I owned it, got 25 miles per gallon. I am very satisfied with the performace. The seating position is comfortable (I'm 5'10"). The ride is very good at highway speeds. Very little wind noise. Transmission shifts very smoothly. The only real gripe I have is that the engine is little buzzy at low speeds (25 to 35 mph) before car warms up. I am very satisfied with the car.

great car
By k9patroldog on 05/01/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car to drive. The Mustang will turn a head or two. There is a small hesitation in the acceleration when you first press the accelerator but when the transmission finds the lower gear, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Built for Boomers
By Pam on 04/28/05 22:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love it! Love it! Love it! I cannot say enough about my 2005 Torch Red Mustang. The minute I saw it, I went back to 1966. My '74 Mustang II was fun, but did not live up the the original. Now at 50+ I am driving a sporty car again. (I traded in a Taurus Wagon).

My second Mustang
By John Adelsberger on 04/20/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I can't begin to tell you how incredible the experience has been since buying my '05 Mustang. Not one day has passed that hasn't included at least 2 people coming up to tell me how "hot" or "awesome" this black beauty looks. The new design meets all the expectations that were put out before it's arrival,and the performance of the new 200 hp engine is more than enough for city driving. It's almost embarrassing to drive because it turns heads wherever I go. Truly awesome and a dream come true. Thanks to all the Ford designers who are responsible for this MASTERPIECE!