2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very poor Quality
By mustanggrl2005 on 01/03/08 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have owned!! Been in the shop several times. Unable to fix front end noise. Been stuck on the side of the interstate 3 times. First problem accurred before the 30 days temp tag was up. Shaker 1000 was fixed 3 times. Very hard to put fuel in it, the pump shuts off after $1.00 or sooner. Ford states No problem there!! I have had Electrical problems, E-brake locking up. rear end out, stereo not working, and the list goes on!!! If u are a mechanic then this is the car to drive!! Buyers beware! Ford needs to make some improvements!

Fun on a budget
By Robert on 09/19/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 29,000 miles on my Mustang, bought it new when there were few on the lot and have not had the first problem. I have had mine to Miami and to Niagara Falls, ON twice and everywhere in between. The gas mileage has always been good, the best being 29mpg which I just did on a trip to Orlando and around town is usuallyin the 20-22 range depending upon my foot. The pickup and passing are excellent for a v-6 and love shifting into the 4 speed range for passing. Next one will be a GT convertible.

Black Beauty GT Convertible
By Mustang lizzy on 08/23/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the love of my life! Unfortunately the Colorado State Police pay way too much attention to it too! I bought a 5 speed & can't imagine driving an automatic. When I want to pass someone on our mountain roads I leave them in my dust & by the way - I'm a baby boomer lady. I love the shift throw & have no problem with the clutch. I do wish the CD changer digital read-out was easier to see. My only problem with this car is the convertible lock down system. I also drive on some bumpy dirt roads & the convertible top shakes & shimmys more than it should. There are also some serious blind spots to watch for. I love my mag wheels & the Bullet sound! Not much winter driving tho.

Love it, Drive it, Beat it, Race it.
By 300HPGT on 08/12/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have now owned my 2005 Mustang GT Coupe for 2 1/2 years and have put 91,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new and I love this car. I drive it extremely hard and the only things that have had to be replaced on the car were because of my driving habbits. I race the car on weekends and power shift daily. I am on my second transmission and 4th clutch because I am so hard on it. 1st trans warranty replaced. The alternators stink on this car. Had one replaced under warranty. Need another. It causes a cam shaft sensor problem but oh well I still love the car. Overall I give it a 10 and love driving the car 100 miles every day for work and for pleasure on the weekends. It's built Ford tough!

I love my car!
By MustangSally on 04/19/07 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a present to myself for getting my graduate degree. I'm a single mom and so tired of being practical! My kids and I love cranking the music and putting the top down! There are a few small things I'd change but I have so much fun with this car. Even ordered a vanity plate!

Supercharged GT is Super
By tommyboy on 03/31/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our '05 Supercharged Mustang GT Premium is a real blast to drive! We loved the stock 300 H.P. Stang as it came, after we added the Vortech SQ polished Supercharger with the matching air-to-water intercooler she really came to life! The Supercharger with the intercooler is the answer to serious Stang 500 H.P. The Vortech is a real addition to the beauty of this car as well. We show it in the local CA. car shows and people always flock around to check it out.We take people out for a little test drive and they are always so surprized at the power this Stang will display."I'm still shaking" is not uncommon. In terms of bang for the buck, you can't beat the supercharged Stang!

This is my first and last Mustang
By nest on 02/17/07 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is not a performance car. It is very slow at the start and feels very heavy; it has "no" traction control though they claim it has ( I wonder do they really understand what that is); driver's seat is very uncomfortable for longer rides; visibility is very poor; a heating system takes forever to clear the back window and side mirrors (and it turns itself off in just a few minutes); the AC unit stinks because the engine heats the interior greatly; the sound system is junk probably in all respects; the cup holders location is useless if you have a stick; glove compartment is a joke; and mileage (WOW) 12.5 per gallon(city and freeway) - that's a scam.Think twice.

BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!
By Zander on 02/17/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This has got to be the most boring car I have ever owned. The inside is disgusting! Worse design I have ever seen in a car. It looks like something from the 70's with no form. Everything is just flat and boring. As for driving... the horse power is ok. With some aftermarket mods you can make it handle and move a lot better. It's better than the old mustang but no where near European or Japanese sports cars. Still can't take corners at anything like the speed a car like this should. Outside design is cool but doesn't make up for the rest of the car. Problems; several electrical connections weren't connected in the factory. Wheel and tire problems with shuddering, replaced O2 sensor already.

Junk
By jimbo on 01/27/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always bought Fords, but this one is junk. I garage and care for my car. Serviced only through Ford, I do not beat on this thing and for some unknown reason: 1) The battery dies 2) Car decides to stop running 3) Brakes lock up. My next car is a Toyota. If Ford goes belly up after 5 years, they brought it on themselves.

Fun while it lasted
By Chris on 01/07/07 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years. Many problems started developing after one year. One was the fuel gage...I'd fill the tank all the way and the gauge showed zero then went to full and back and fourth a few different times. Then the battery died leaving me stranded at work. At least thats what Ford said it was...it turned out to be the alternator which left me stranded again! And the list goes on. The car was fun, everyone seemed to like it, but the same old Ford issues kept coming back to annoy me.