Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

V6 Premium Coupe, Fun on Wheels
By lcimpala65

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The V6 premium coupe is over shadowed by its big brother. Ford purposely downplays the performance of this model. The 4.0 is all you need. This thing has ample power, and will accelerate in a flash with four people on board. It is a blast to drive, you'll find yourself longing for open road.

The body style is right on the money, it looks fast just sitting in the drive.

Larger tires on the V6 model. Bucket seats with recline angle memory.

AWESOME!
By david

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I saw the new Mustang, and it was MUST HAVE IT. I have no disappointment at all. The features are easy to use, the drive is FUN, FUN, FUN. The LX 6 cylinder, 4.0 convertible is great. Ride is smooth, even when you hit some bumps. Talked with some people who have the GT, and their only complaint is the gas mileage. If you have never owned a Mustang (this is my first one) don't hesitate -- GET IT.

Everything.

More room to lower the steering wheel.

Wild,Wild Horses
By Fun in Fla.

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first convertible! Coming from an SUV I worried about driving a car. This is fun, fun, fun. Love the retro look inside and out. Although I downsized it is roomier than expected. I can pack up for the beach in no time. Good pick up, glides through traffic, even in the rain.

Shaker 1000 stereo system rocks. You gotta love Torch Red. Beats anti- depressants!

I love this car!
By AzBaseballmom

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a beauty in all ways. The style, the handling, the interior and the sporty exterior. We ordered our '05 V6 convertible exactly the way we wanted it, with all the bells and whistles. It took 2 months to get here but it was well worth the wait. My husband and I are both enjoying this car like no other we have every had. We ride with the top down everyday (and we live in AZ); we may be hot, but at least were styling' and loving it!

"MyColor" iIllumination - ability to change dash light colors. Convertible top.

More rear leg room.

A Total Blast!
By n8tivarkie

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've been a driver of pickups for the past 15 years, but after test driving this car, I was a changed man. What a rush! Ford has returned the Mustang to its power status. The GT is a monster out of the box ... if you have a choice, go with the 5 speed versus the auto. It's a muscle car, not a cruiser. This is without a doubt the most fun driving I've ever had!

One word: POWER! "My color" option is nice, but takes some getting used to. Shaker 500 system has plenty of thump.

Drink holders are placed right where your arm should rest to shift gears. When a drink is in one, it's awkward to shift around it.

• SUV