2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Sonic Blue Pony
By Stan on 01/23/05 06:13 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having waited since 1969 I was thrilled at the prospect of finally getting a Pony of the past but with the goodies of today. Mine was born 11/4 and she arrived the day before Thanksgiving. In many ways better than expected and in some ways somewhat disappointed. All in all I am very happy. She loves to run and sounds great out of the gate.

Love It! :)
By Cathy on 01/23/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Oh my gosh! I can't put into words how this Mustang has lived up to my expectations - I've been a Mustang lover for many years and finally now own a new one (owned a '65 in the mid 80's). Oh my gosh! It's amazing - solid, GORGEOUS, FAST! Everything the legend is known for plus the creature comforts of our modern age. Kudos to Ford - I think they designed this car just for me! :) Oh my gosh! AMAZING! I just brought it home today and keep going out into the garage about every 5- 10 minutes...it's that good!

Just Like My Old 5.0
By Brian on 01/22/05 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've been buying Mustang GT's since 1984. This is by far the best one yet. Its the kind of car that just doesn't get you from point A to point B without a lot of fun. Since I'm creeping up on 40 I figured this would be my mid-life crisis vehicle.

a true rating
By kurtis on 01/21/05 23:59 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2005 mustang on Dec 27,2004. The car has broken down 4 times and the dealership has had it 17 days trying to fix it. Do Not buy one. The kinks are not worked out. The 3rd time it broke down on me I was doing 70 miles down I-95 and the whole car cut out and just stopped running. Do Not buy until 2006. The throttle is the problem and they seem not to be able to fix it. This will be my last American made car.

Mustang, She's a Great Ride
By PAUL EHRET on 01/13/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought a 2005 Mustang and although I'm not a Ford man, I must say that this is the best car I have ever owned. My Mustang is the Premium version equipped with the V-6. This engine has 210 horses and she runs like a champ. It makes me laugh when people say it only has a V-6? She has more power then most people can use and she is fast off the line with plenty of get up and go. The exterior looks like something from the past and that is a good thing. Other drivers will slow down to get a good look and I have been given the thumbs up by many a pedestrian. The interior is more spacious then previous years and she looks just as good on the inside as she does on the outside. Buy one!

Mustang Lives Up To Its Name
By Paul Molinari on 01/06/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently owned a 2002 Mustang V6, before purchasing the new 2005 and I must say, Ford has outdone themselves! The new style looking back to the 60's is just an eye-catcher and a jaw-dropper. The handling and driving experience is unlike any other Mustang that I have been behind the wheel of. With 300 pony's behind the 4.6L engine, it delivers a unbelievable power and torque to the concrete. The shifting of the 5 speed manual transmission is unlike anything I have felt before. I enjoy driving this car and I will always enjoy driving this car. This car is worth every dollar!

Engine problems...with only 250 miles!
By HerCar on 01/05/05 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang, that's a given, but beware. Hopefully this was a fluke, but with exactly 250 miles on my odometer, my engine blew on the 5 freeway in LA. A spring broke in valve # 5, causing the valve to bend. My engine was replaced with a brand new one. I still love the car, but want to give people a heads up that there might be a problem with the engines in the GT. The car is an absolute blast to drive when it's not at the dealership getting worked on! : )

SWEEEET
By john on 01/04/05 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love it and it looks great next to my '69 conv.

Don't hesitate
By davro48 on 01/04/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned 9 mustangs since 66 including 3 Cobras. The 2005 Mustang GT is a great car. Excellent performance, roomy front seat, nice exhaust sound and the car is great to look at both inside and out. If you are thinking about getting one do not hesitate.

By o5stangawsomecar on 01/04/05 03:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased my 05 Mustang after selling my Taurus, The ride was very good compared to the old (fox platform) Steering is very resposive, traction control works great. Great smooth power, I have a automatic, it shifts very smooth, you cant even feel it. Wish it had heated seats or the option, Seat belts are alittle tuff to grab. Doesn't have some amenities but I knew that buying it. I think the stereo is excellent.As for reliability, I am hoping I will not have any problems. But it has a warranty. For the money I think Ford did a great job. I am very happy!