Used 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The All New Ford Mustang
By Classicfindz

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am unhappy with the all new Mustang. In addition to poor gas mileage, I have had the gas tank replaced three times already. The pump was stopping as if the tank was full, as well as slow fill and spitting back. Dealership said nothing was wrong. They did contact headquarters to find out that there is indeed this type of problem with the vehicle, but not on all of them. They replaced it twice and did not work. Finally they redesigned it. Took 5 months to solve problem. It is a fast car with a great sound system. But, too many "characteristics" that take away from the car. Any problem that I have with the car, they say is a characteristic of the car.

Favorite Features

I love the seats and 6 CD changer. I love the speed volume feature where you can set it to get higher when you speed up and goes lower when you slow down.

Suggested Improvements

More space in the back seat as well as leg room. At least 1-2 more cupholders and bigger mapholders on the door panels.

More Mustangs
By Mark Gill

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It's nice to be able to enjoy a performance car at this price level. The styling is retro in some ways but the features and ergonomics are 2005. Everything works at a fingertips reach and the feel of interior is superior to what we got in the past.

Favorite Features

5 speed and the gas pedal! Click off the traction control and go sliding. The 500 watt stereo is more than adequate to fill the cabin with boom boom noise. I do like that the power windows and stereo keep working after the key is off. In closing, that 2.5" exhaust is sweet.

Suggested Improvements

It could us a collapsing antenna. The in dash 6 CD player seems slow and clunky changing between discs. Heated seats and mirrors would be nice options. How come so many owners have trouble fueling their cars at the gas station. It seems the fuel flow is restricted and keeps clicking the pump off.

Ford Mustang
By dpspanta

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the hottest on the road. Beautiful car, and handles like a dream. I love it. The car relates to everyone. Old and young.

Favorite Features

Convertible, looks, power, features inside the car are wonderful.

Old School Stang w/Modern Conveniences
By SonicStang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The interior is set to excite ... it is truly a cockpit! From the minute the engine roars to life to the end of the ride when you set the alarm, this car ROCKS. The steering is incredible on this monster - tight with no mushy give in the middle; handles like a dream. I thought I might have fun with this car for a year or so & save it as a weekend car after that, however I can see myself driving her on my 40 minute commute for years to come. The exterior experience is simple - hope you like to get looked at. The car feels like a car again - solid. I bought a Sonic Blue Premium 4LV6 and there are times the attention is "ALMOST" embarrassing, but I'm learning to get over that!

Favorite Features

Sports Interior Upgrade; the aluminum leather steering wheel & shifter completes the look of the chrome accented controls & vents. LOVE the old school numbering. The one touch up/down on BOTH windows is also great. All radio & cabin controls are available at literally a stretch of a finger.

Suggested Improvements

The seatbelt point of attachment should adjust up & down for better placement. The rest are superficial improvements. Might be nice to have a sunroof option on the coupe - but it's SOOO unnecessary. Also would like the gear indicator to display on the dash rather than just at the shifter.

I love my '05 Mustang!
By Steve

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just turned 1,000 miles on my '05 V6 Mustang. Acceleration and braking are great, as is the 5-speed auto trans. The car is very responsive and controllable, but the rear end can scoot sideways on you a bit when cornering fast on rough pavement. The solid rear axle handles differently then independent suspension, but the car is a blast to drive. The sound of the engine/exhaust is deep and so nice you will keep the radio off. The interior is comfortable and very cool looking. I highly recommend the interior upgrade package. The extra chrome, computer, gauges, My Color, and skid plates are worth twice the upgrade cost. The engineering and build quality of this vehicle is outstanding.

Favorite Features

Interior upgrade package, leather seating, exterior appearance package, 4-wheel disc ABS, and chrome wheels. Perfect styling, perfect exhaust note, and 4.0 liters of Detroit iron. This car is the total package and is so much fun ... even standing still. Great price too!

Suggested Improvements

The V6 should come with dual exhaust pipes.