2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I Love my '05 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe
By Premium Coupe on 03/02/06 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My title says it all. I wasn't in the market to buy when I did. The retro styling, six cylinder gutsy engine and tough automatic transmission did it for me. It has way better performance and gas mileage than the 1996 Mustang GT I owned previously. Getting into the car is a little tough sometimes in the winter with a winter jacket on, but once in the cockpit it's wonderful. The sound system is killer and much better than in the house. The frontward curved head rests are a pain. I have driven only about 4500 miles in it since purchasing, but I want to keep low miles because of the investment potential for this car. Of all the cars and trucks I have owned, this one is the most fun.

Nice Pony!
By Alex on 03/01/06 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first Mustang (I'm 42 yrs, male); finally could afford it but more than that, I loved the new look. I love everything except the plastic look on the doors and the Shaker 500 Radio, which sometimes works crazy (doesn't respond to keys, doesn't read a brand new CD(?), or skips and goes back a couple of seconds without reason, or simply won't turn off and other crazy things. Everything else, is a great car!

Fun Car - nice sounds - good features!
By Rockin'Stang on 02/26/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car's wonderful and a ton of fun to drive! I owned a 2002 Mustang, but get to reap some wonderful improvements in the '05, including bigger (and more responsive) engine, the interior styling, and the premium audio system. Mine came with a Magnaflow double cat-back exhaust system giving the V6 the V8 look with a nice loud roar. I average about 20 miles to the gallon; probably isn't too bad, but not stellar either ... though not the reason you buy one. For someone like me (no kids) looking for an affordable, fast car, nice sound, leather seats and a head turner, this car is perfect and a nice compliment to my girlfriend's Acura TL. :)

Stang '05
By nreck on 02/01/06 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is an overall disappointment. I wish I could give it back. Not a good buy, definitely just spend the extra money for the GT! The car runs fine now but I wouldn't count on it like a Honda. With all of the other options out there, make sure you do your research first before deciding what car is perfect for you.

It's the Best Stang Ever!
By JeffL on 12/22/05 22:39 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ford outdid themselves. This car is awesome. I've owned quite a few Stangs since "65" and this is the best looking and performing. It turns heads and is a blast to drive. It's a little crowded for carpooling, but my carpoolers love it. I can't wait to drive it everyday. The only thing I would suggest is an inside trunk release and optional fog lights for the V6. The car's got some serious power for a six and gas mileage is pretty good. The auto tranny slips on occasion, but dealership told me that's normal. I'll get it checked at a different dealer. You got get yourself one of these!

What a Disappointment
By Phil R on 10/12/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this V6 5 speed as a replacement for a 2002 V6 5 speed that I really love. (I still have the 2002, now driven by my son.) The '05 is a huge disappointment: the drive train constantly knocks, clunks, growls, and whines. (The '02 does none of this). The dealer agreed that it is bad; replaced the transmission with no improvement, and now tells me it's normal and I'll just have to live with it. Maybe the automatics are better, but DO NOT buy this car with a manual transmission unless you like lots of noise.

it's a ten!
By pony man on 09/14/05 01:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best car I have ever owned and the most fun to drive. Bought it in Dec. '05; was a head turner then, and is a head turner now. Ford got it right. Bought it for my wife (lol) and will be buying another one for myself as soon as they come out with ... COBRA!

With Gas Prices Go For The V6
By Sabina on 09/09/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before purchasing a manual make sure to test drive both automatic and manual and see and feel the difference. I test-drove the manual and found that because of the small windows it increases the blind spots. I ended up buying the automatic and haven't regretted it yet.

woohoo!
By My stang on 08/11/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had no intention of getting a small car, I was actuallly looking at Xterras but when they introduced the new mustang I couldn't resist driving one. My windviel blue mustang is the best car I have ever owned. Head room in the backseat is not there if you are over 5'. The shaker 500 is awesome. The interior is really cool only because of the interior upgrade package, w/out it, there is acres of black plastic on the dash. decent power for the price. I don't know how I will ever part from this car.

Does the size of a car really matter?
By Becky on 07/30/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The new Ford Mustang is an awesome car. I really like the exterior looks and the feel of the car when you drive it. The car is really great for a single person, but it is a tight squeeze for a family. The front of the car is very roomy, although the rear seat does not have much room. I was willing to deal with the size although I have a family just because I loved the looks of the car. Overall I am happy and very pleased with the performance of my new Mustang. The inside of the car is pretty small but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make to own a car I love.