Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2005 Mustang GT
By Jim

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Mustang GT and it by far is the greatest car I ever owned. I had a 2001 Mustang 5 speed and my new one is an automatic and I thought I'd be missing out but the 5-speed transmission makes up for it. It is a very fast and fun car for an affordable price. The interior is nice if you get the upgraded interior package. It has a very comfortable ride for a sports car and unlike some sport cars it doesn't sit so low you think you're driving a go cart. I think Ford gets an A+ for this one.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature on the car is how you can change the lighting on the speedometer. I also like the very pronounced exhaust tone on the car. Its loud enough for those watching you to notice but not so obnoxious where you can't stand it and of course the sleek body style!

Suggested Improvements

I would say that one of the improvements that needs to be made is that annoying seatbelt reminder needs to have a shut off switch.

Squealing Brakes
By Chris

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had several Mustangs, including a 1985 and my favorite, a 1966. This is one of the funnest vehicles I have driven. The only complaint was the brakes squealing. I had it in the shop 3 times and I finally replaced the factory brake pads with ceramic pads -- problem solved. Now I have no complaints except for the speed limit signs.

Favorite Features

Power, 5-speed auto. Fun, Fun, and more fun.

Suggested Improvements

Brake pads need to be ceramic from the factory.

2006 Mustang HOT off the assembly line
By E Jankowski

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The '06 Mustang is awesome. A few changes from 2005; two new colors and wheels that now sport the pony logo instead of the Ford emblem. My car is Tungsten Gray, a new Mustang color that looks different under different light conditions. At midday it's silver metallic with a light blue tone. At dusk it takes on a faint purple tone and sometimes it looks silver gray.The retro styling is very cool. I catch people checking it out all the time. If you donít want to attract a lot of attention wherever you go donít buy a Mustang! As for performance WOW! From the rumble to the grip of the Pirelli performance tires as you navigate turns. Plenty of awesome power to get your license into trouble.

Favorite Features

Engine power, performance on the road, retro styling. Computer display.

Suggested Improvements

More high tech electronics. Outside temp display, auto dimming rear view mirror, navigation system etc.

Ford, work on the interior
By buster95

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fourth Mustang I've owned, and by far the fastest and most comfortable. The 300hp engine does ok on gas if you keep your foot out of it, but when you wanna GO, hold on! Ford, as usual, has designed a cheap and lousy interior. While the seats are comfortable black leather, the fit and finish of the remainder of the cabin is horrendous. A seam cuts across the burnished aluminum dash. The auto shifter has a cheap seam across the top. The sides of the seats are easily scratched by the back adjustment lever. The plastic chrome on the dash air vents should have been made of real metal. The car's a great driving experience, with stellar performance, but the interior is shoddy.

Favorite Features

300 horses under the hood.

Suggested Improvements

See review.

What's Mineral Grey?
By G MANS 99

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my second Mustang, and I hope it this one last forever! I traded my '99 v6 for a used '05 GT with 11K miles. I love the 300hp engine on the highway, it just begs to go faster! The growling exhaust noise lets others know to get outta way. Once you hit 60 mph, the growl goes away, but you'll hardly notice as you fly by others with ease. Shaker 500 is loud enough, My Color with trip computer is a nice guy toy to have. Leather seats & interior are fantastic. Car has a lean forward stance that makes it look like the rear end might be jacked up a little. Looks like there will be hundreds of ways to customize your Stang. Ford seems to have got this makeover right!

Favorite Features

Interior upgrade package. Fog lights in the grill. My Color/trip computer. Growling duel exhaust, 300hp engine, auto up/down power windows. Old school retro exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat. A couple of exterior upgrade packages to choose from would be nice. Maybe a Mustang logo under the hood? Ford should offer a wider choice of rims for the GT.