2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My Views
By Betty on 05/03/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the new body style! I knew as soon as I saw the new body style before they even were in production I had to have one. I have owned a '79 and '81 Mustang, they do not even compare to my '05. I have had some minor issues such as CD player replacement and driver's side door handle problems but those were taken care of pronto. I do not plan to get rid of this car. I am very happy with my purchase.

My New 05 Mustang love affair
By Jack Parker on 04/11/06 23:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1983 and it was worth the wait. Ford really got it right. Great performance, great fun, looks, personality and value. Two GTs for one Corvette. I love Corvettes but I just can't pass this Mustang by. I like the fold down back seats. Just can't find much to fault anywhere.

Mustang GT
By Carl Thomas on 04/05/06 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

since owning the car I have had many favorable comments on the new design. All my friends that have driven the car are impressed with the handling and performance.

Fun Car
By Barry on 03/10/06 07:55 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the best looking cars at any price. It has been flawless. Factory stereos could be better, but I do like the MP3 option. Lots of thumbs up and positive comments about this car. I have the GT with the 5 speed auto. I've never driven a car that was such a blast to simply drive! Gas mileage is not too bad on the highway, but in stop and go conditions it drops down pretty quickly, 24 mpg highway, 16.5 mpg around town, but I drive with a heavy-ish foot -- with this car it's hard not to. I would buy another without a second thought, way to go Ford!

Worth every penny, and then some...
By cobragt on 02/25/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It would take me all day to describe everything I love about this car. As a faithful Mustang lover, and owner of several, Ford has really outdone themselves with the 05 GT. Handles great, plenty of power, and looks awesome. I have already driven the car a little over 37,000 miles, and let me tell you, I've enjoyed every mile! It's a pleasure to drive when you have a car this B-E-A-utiful!

Gotta have one
By Criziz on 01/26/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Simply put this vehicle is so enjoyable to drive and be seen in. It turns heads, is wicked fast and a blast to drive.

Awesome car for the price
By Steve on 01/23/06 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the Fall/Winter so I didn't get to much seat time, so once the snow was gone, the fun began, I drove the car to Nashville and back, (roughly 1200 miles). The car drove flawlessly, handles well, stops great, mileage not too bad, 18-25mpg depending on my right foot. For the price I think it is a great car. Heated seat would be nice; it's a Mustang so I am not goong to whine about the interior. It is a far cry better the the past Mustangs. The IUP package is a nice touch. Very solid feel, very tight.

'65 to '05 stang....
By M. Rieffer on 12/14/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My driving review is sort of biased as I buy mostly Ford products because I have mostly good experience with the vehicle and the dealers I have visited. The Mustang is reminiscent of another era in my driving experience. It is safer and more reliable that the cars of the 60's, but reminds me of them. I have a 1965 Mustang and it is neat to have them side by side and 40 years apart.

2005 Mustang
By Anthony on 12/12/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the way this car performs and the gas mileage is decent but I hate how cheaply put together it is. I have already had 5 things go wrong with it and one of them still is not fixed and I have taken it in for the same problem 4 times with it still being unresolved. I wish it was made more solid.

Best Bang for the Buck
By TimB on 12/01/05 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have about 4,000 miles on it now in 4 months, projecting 10,000. I usually only drive about 8,000 miles a year. But this car makes me want to take the long way home! It's fast, it's comfortable, it handles very nicely. The build quality is first rate. Not a single problem or "issue".... that's amazing for a new design itself. Materials (plastic) are par for the price range, but the looks and performance are an absolute bargain. I have the 5 speed automatic GT. Very slick, smooth AND firm shifting. Gas mileage is good on the highway, so-so in town (as expected). Get it, you'll love it!