Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

This is my first and last Mustang
By nest

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is not a performance car. It is very slow at the start and feels very heavy; it has "no" traction control though they claim it has ( I wonder do they really understand what that is); driver's seat is very uncomfortable for longer rides; visibility is very poor; a heating system takes forever to clear the back window and side mirrors (and it turns itself off in just a few minutes); the AC unit stinks because the engine heats the interior greatly; the sound system is junk probably in all respects; the cup holders location is useless if you have a stick; glove compartment is a joke; and mileage (WOW) 12.5 per gallon(city and freeway) - that's a scam.Think twice.

Stop lying about mpg.

BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!
By Zander

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This has got to be the most boring car I have ever owned. The inside is disgusting! Worse design I have ever seen in a car. It looks like something from the 70's with no form. Everything is just flat and boring. As for driving... the horse power is ok. With some aftermarket mods you can make it handle and move a lot better. It's better than the old mustang but no where near European or Japanese sports cars. Still can't take corners at anything like the speed a car like this should. Outside design is cool but doesn't make up for the rest of the car. Problems; several electrical connections weren't connected in the factory. Wheel and tire problems with shuddering, replaced O2 sensor already.

It looks good but that's it. If you want a driver's car then look at European or Japanese.

Add in the aftermarket mods before shipping to dealership. Learn how to make a car handle. Connect everything before shipping! And for goodness sake, learn how to build a reliable car. It's not difficult, other makers have been doing it for years. Maybe Ford should sell out to Japanese?

Fun while it lasted
By Chris

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years. Many problems started developing after one year. One was the fuel gage...I'd fill the tank all the way and the gauge showed zero then went to full and back and fourth a few different times. Then the battery died leaving me stranded at work. At least thats what Ford said it was...it turned out to be the alternator which left me stranded again! And the list goes on. The car was fun, everyone seemed to like it, but the same old Ford issues kept coming back to annoy me.

Engine power, 1000 watt sound system.

Better build quality on engine components and electrical system. And I think everyone who has had this car will agree...the stereo head unit needs to be completely re-done. it has a lot of problems as well (which I've seen in other reviews).

Dream Car
By LUNAGLO

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After 19 months, this car is still the one I have always dreamed of. I knew I was going to buy one as soon as I started reading articles about it a year before it came out. I still get looks and positive comments all the time. I am glad I went for the GT instead of the V6 because it truly has the Mustang "roar". The stability is fantastic and it feels like it glides from lane to lane. I added an "Airhog" air filter and I now get 34 mpg average, which is fantastic for a V8. I love the pick up when merging or turning into traffic. It is also quite roomy for a 2 door. At age 60 and female, this is my first "status" car and I hope to own it for the rest of my driving days.

Looks hot. Great pick up. Handles beautifully. Very comfortable.

Windows supposedly open from the outside by holding the unlock button down on the key pad. I'm told that this does not work because of the lack of a satellite in our area. Would like to be able to adjust the seat belt since I am short. Too much heat comes out the defroster and not enough at feet.

Best bang for $$$$
By AJ

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Screaming hot car of comfort, design, innovation and most of all speed! This is my 7th Mustang and I would buy 2 more just like it in red and blue if I had the money.

V8 engine of course, what better way to spin out 300 ponies than with a V8 PONY!

Get rid of the stock shifter and install a Hurst short shifter. I would also recommend some type of cold air induction kit and new computer chip. That's all you need for the average speed enthusiasts, unless of of course you want a few points off the 'ole drivers license.