Used 2005 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

very well done
By ed

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a joy to drive. Power is very good for a car this size. The exhaust note from the 4.0 six cylinder gives the impression (from inside) that there could be a v8 under the hood. The styling is unmistakable, it says "MUSTANG". If you do not like to get looks or stares, do not buy one. Overall I would give the MUSTANG a 9.

Favorite Features

The styling would have to be my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

The things I would change are only minor items. The gauge package is cramped together and they are recessed deep in the dash. I would like to see them spaced better. The parking brake is a little awkward to engage and disengage due to its position and length.

2005 Mustang V6 auto
By Larry

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle in April of this year for $22,800, it's the first one that I have owned. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The body style screams Mustang. It's sonic blue with white strips. Interior is tan with cloth seats and Shaker 500 stereo system. I was very surprised with the ride on the highway; it is very smooth with no wind noise -- in town it's a little bumpy. Performance is good for a V6. I get 19 MPG in town and 25.7 on the highway. I guess the only complaint that I have is the engine is a little buzzy around the 1700 RPM range, other than that it is an excellent buy.

Favorite Features

Exterior look and stereo system. Like I said before the body screams Mustang. If you ever wanted the car this is the one to get. The stereo system is great. I'm 54 and I think I scare the kids when I pull up next to them and have the bass blasting away.

Suggested Improvements

I think a better exhaust system to get the rumble for the V6 would be nice. More storage in the inside. Side mirrors that match the body color.

2005 Mustang V6 Premium 5-Speed
By Marshall Haynick

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a six cylinder Mustang it is surprisingly quick. The interior is a little cheap, but hey its a low cost car. There is enough power to have fun and the handling is much improved. The 5-speed manual allows for a fun to drive attitude and all the standard power features is a nice option.

Favorite Features

The whole car! It looks great handles, great, and performs great!

Suggested Improvements

Make the interior a little less plastic, and redesign the cup holders away from the shifter. Also a LSD should be standard, at least an option but it is not.

60s Mustang with today's best
By California Tom

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I first read about the car last year and it reminded me of my '69. 5 months and 9000 miles later, it is my dream car. The distinction of my '69 with today's comfort and safety. The 5 speed manual isn't the smoothest around, but get it - an easy drop down to fourth and I am gone in traffic. Handling is spot on; I love taking curves in this thing. With upgrades, great interior/exterior styling cues; hardly a day goes by without a look, smile or comment. Averaging 23-26 MPG. The stereo sounds great and I can drive for hours either on cruise control or through traffic with a wide smile. Trunk holds golf bag, softball bags and groceries with ease, but not for a family of 4.

Favorite Features

Engine and manual transmission work like a dream. The styling of the inside (with premium package) and outside. Shaker 500 stereo with clear sound which you can crank up. Gas mileage just a tad under my old 4 cylinder Nissan. Oh, and the customizable computer display for mileage, trip, etc.

Suggested Improvements

#1 - cabin trunk release. #2 - dual exhaust for the V6.

Pony car reborn
By Anacad

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It has a great retro look and a lot of get up and go for a V- 6. This is my third Mustang; my first was a 1966 convertible and my second (my first new car) was a 1982 L sedan. My 2005 Mustang tops them both! I've only had one problem with the car -- the power lock on the passenger side doesn't work and hasn't since day one. Since I'm usually the only one in the car, I've arranged to get it fixed on my first service visit.

Favorite Features

The retro look of the exterior and interior - the 2005 Mustang looks great inside and out!

Suggested Improvements

Put the corral around the grille pony on ALL the new Mustangs. The V-6 needs a little more brightness on the front end!