2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
An American classic is back!
By Mr. Shelby on 06/28/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My new Mustang V6 performs very well and above my expectations. The acceleration is very impressive for a 210-horse V6 and the exhaust sounds great. The brakes are comfortably responsive and perform as sports car brakes should. Handling is not as quick as a 350Z or a couple other Japanese sports cars, but I realize that my Mustang is larger and heavier than those cars. The automatic transmission shifts quickly and with ease. The ride is comfortable, but I'm reminded on long trips that I'm driving a sports car and not a luxury car. The rear seats are typical of Mustangs and are somewhat comfortable as long as you are 5'10' or less. I am very happy with my purchase of the 2005 Mustang V6!

Splurge for the GT
By Jessica Johnson on 06/27/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new Mustang, it's a wonderfully smooth ride, it's beautiful, it turns heads. It definitely goes when you hit the gas, but I think I should have paid for the extra 90 horsepower. The traction control is great when it kicks in and I do like playing with the MyColor feature. I find the Shaker 500 is an adequate stereo system -- I don't think the 1000 pays off. The seats and everything seem a little big at first for a female, but now it's hard for me to drive my other car. So far the antitheft hasn't done anything, so I don't know much about that. I do love knowing how many miles per gallon I am getting and that sort of thing. Its a fun car- but get a GT.

Awesome car
By Collin on 06/26/05 00:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. Ford did a fantastic job redesigning the mustang. The v6 offers plenty of power for me, and if you are doing a lot of stop and go traffic, you'll want the v6 anyway for mpg reasons. One thing I would highly recommend is the Interior Upgrade Package. In my opinion, it adds so much more to the interior look.

V6 Premium Coupe, Fun on Wheels
By lcimpala65 on 06/11/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The V6 premium coupe is over shadowed by its big brother. Ford purposely downplays the performance of this model. The 4.0 is all you need. This thing has ample power, and will accelerate in a flash with four people on board. It is a blast to drive, you'll find yourself longing for open road.

Awesome '05 Pony
By Marilyn Osburn on 06/06/05 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the vehicle with three small exceptions. Two weeks after I took delivery one of the center caps flew off on the expressway. I ordered a new one from the dealership and it's been one week and it still isn't in. The second is the drainage set up around the deck lid. It drains down between the body and the back of the taillight and takes all the debris with it. I'm talking leaves,etc. I also think the shoulder harnesses could be more comfortable. They seem to catch everyone across their neck. Those are very small items and I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for something fun to drive. It turns a LOT of heads and is a real conversation starter with strangers!

AWESOME RIDE!
By Silver stang by Al on 06/06/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Took eight weeks to take delivery. Worth the wait. Awesome looking car. My eight year old's little league team went bonkers over it. I have everyone from teenagers to seniors asking me about the car. The red leather interior is outrageous. Here in south Florida where expensive and exotic cars are the norm, the car stands out. The V-6 is more than sufficient power plant. Drives awesome in the city and cruises at speed without a whisper. Only cars I have owned as fun to drive have been Beemers or Jaguar.

New Mustang
By Sunniebunnie on 06/06/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The new 2005 Mustang is awesome. It is so much fun to drive and you wouldn't believe how many times I have been stopped by people telling me how beautiful the car is.

Awesome
By David Scott on 06/03/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new Ford Mustang. I get many looks when driving it. It is great to drive!

I Love it!
By Mustang05pony on 05/29/05 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have driven in a long time. As the ad states: Get up and gone!" When you kick it and look in the rear view mirror the cars behind you are gone. The stereo in the car is like sitting at a concert. The Shaker 1000 is far superior over the Shaker 500. But with a base in the trunk the 500 sounds great! I highly recommend this car to anyone that wants a car that is "it". It's stylish, dependable, beautiful, and hard to drive anything else. Even my convertible Pontiac is not getting driven as much as it should because I have Mustang withdrawals when I am not driving it. I enjoy it so much that we bought a V-8 too. The downfall - cops pull you over so they can see it.

One Hot Ride
By GardenGirl on 05/25/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went from driving an SUV to a sports car and never looked back. It is not only fun to drive but a real head turner. The exterior design is eye catching. It is only a V6 but moves like a baby V8. I can't say enough about this car. I have never loved to drive a car this much. It handles well and gets decent gas mileage compared to an SUV. I highly recommend the 2005 Mustang!