Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not a great family vehicle
By StangGirl

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Last year my husband decided he wanted to trade in my minivan (lol) for this Mustang, well over all I love the Mustang, looks good, drives good (love the handling) except for it revving up (not sure if it's because it's a manual) when you go to stop, only happens occasionally. The CD player jumps which I heard that was common for the Shaker 500. And well ,it's just unpractical for a family. Though it looks nice and you get a lot of thumbs up we just gotta let it go.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks and over all style.

Suggested Improvements

Take the rev limiter out; it's a stang let it go....

Donkey Kong
By MiStang

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

Favorite Features

I looked really good in it because it really looked good on me. A throw back to the 70's when I was a teenager lusting for my first time in a Mustang.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the unknown "ping". After all, a dead customer is not a repeat customer. Need really long arms to pull the seat belt to a safe position.

Not what you would expect
By disappointment

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V6 hardtop coupe. It's a beautiful dirt color with black racing stripes. The horse power stinks. 4.0L and only 210hp. I also have a Nissan 350z thats a 3.5L V6. It puts out 300HP stock. My Mustang is flawless in style and looks but I am very disappointed in the performance.

Favorite Features

Color, cound system, mpg, interior design, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power.

Amazing package
By rt

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Mustang Deluxe and have been amazed with the car. The handling, looks/style, performance and most of all, the great highway gas mileage. I get about 32 miles to the gallon on the highway which is very satisfactory. I have owned many cars since the 1960s and never have I had so many people of all ages compliment my car like this 05 Mustang. The trunk is roomy, the handling and improved driver positioning is so much better than the 02 Mustang I had.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the looks.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust on the 6 cylinder car and with the wonderful sound of the GT.

Major Problems Reconsider Before You Buy
By Jess

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had major rattling in the dash, the driver's seat pops, the sending unit had to be replaced because my gas kept showing empty when it was full. The gas went over when I was filling, or just stopped when it was 1/2 full and wouldn't go anymore. The transmission is AWFUL! It acts like it's in neutral and revs sometimes while I'm driving it, or just taking off; then CLUNKS into gear. Nobody can fix it, they can't figure it out. It shifts very hard. And the other day the abs locked up on one wheel when I started it up, METAL-ON-METAL grinding; after a lil bit of going back and forth and slamming on the brakes it quit, took it to the shop, they couldn't' figure anything out. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior and interior LOOK.

Suggested Improvements

Fix transmission and rattling! And check the brakes!