2005 Ford Mustang GT
By Jim Clark on
2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I have been a Mustang enthusiast for over 25 years. With the exception of the 1965/66 models I believe the 2005 is the best model produced to date. The car is extremely responsive and the styling is the best combination of many of Mustang's best older models. The only negatives I can come up with (and I have tried) is the steering wheel could be about 1 inch larger in diameter as it tends to obscure the speedometer, and I would call this model a "fastback" instead of a coupe. My wife's only complaint is that she has to sit very close to the steering wheel to depress the clutch. Other than those minor issues, this car is a 10 and Ford has "knocked it out of the park"!
Favorite Features
Outside overall design. Sloping roof and grill treatment that are tremendously reminiscent of the 65/66 fastbacks. Extremely responsive 300 hp engine. Retro instrument panel. Very comfortable and stylish red accent seats. Much roomier back seats than previous model.
Suggested Improvements
Stronger magnets on the side of the seats that hold the seat belts in place. Audio system controls should be on the steering wheel. Automatic memory of previous seat positions would be nice.