2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
One Great Car
By Chris Brown on 06/25/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first new Mustang I have ever owned and it is GREAT! I have an 89 LX convertible that I have owned since '89 and have had a '65 Mustang. This car is faster, tighter, better made and looks better than any Mustang ever built.

Muscle
By Bryan on 06/23/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The vehicle is everything Ford designers intended it to be. This automobile is sleek in every aspect; the exterior and the old body design to the sporty look, not so much the European look on the interior.

Perfection!
By Dave Herbert on 06/22/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded up from a 1994 Mustang 5.0. What a drastic difference in performance, comfort and styling. Every day I catch people staring at my vehicle. The Shaker 1000 stereo system sounds better than my home stereo.

'05 Mustang GT is a great car!
By russe on 06/13/05 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang GT drives great and looks fantastic. It has very comfortable seats and is a pleasure to cruise in on the highway. I think its ultimate handling abilities exceed my willingness to explore them but when pushed through the twisties this car would probably put certain 2 seater sports cars to shame. With the 5 speed manual, the acceleration is outstanding and the incredible exhaust note under power makes the car a total blast to drive. Another thing I have noticed over the 4 months I have owned this car is that almost everyone who sees it, rides in it, or drives it wants one too. My wife loves the car too and we are extremely pleased with our purchase (our first Mustang by the way).

Super!
By Greg Carr on 06/03/05 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I could never have imagined how many heads this vehicle has turned. Though it is a convertible it is really quiet inside with loads of muscle when I need it. Ford got this one RIGHT.

hot '05 GT
By ken carr on 05/25/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven a lot of cars and have had many many new cars and this is the best of them all. I have to say I sold a 1972 Pantera to buy one of these guys. This Mustang will run circles around the Pantera. Ford is on the right track with this pony. I say drive it first and you will be sold. Be sure to buy it loaded and the V8.

Perfect Summer Car
By Son's Stang on 05/24/05 01:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The seats remind you of a BMW, dash of the classic Mustang, Shaker stereo system is impressive with nice features like random play and has great sound quality. The turn signal sounds like a Cadillac. In fact the ride feels like what I imagine a Cadillac CTS would feel like. But the engine purrs like a kitty and can growl like a tiger when you step on it. The 2005 Stang redefines what a modern day muscle car should be. It is comfortable enough to drive every day and still enjoy it without regret. The only thing missing is a telescoping steering wheel for tall people who will tend to recline more. The steering wheel doesn't tilt down as far as I would have expected. This car is Revolutionary!

Lexus to Mustang
By Clint Crawford on 05/18/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first Ford i ever purchased. Going from a 2003 Lexus RX300 SUV to a performance sports car might seem crazy. However I am turning 30 next month and I need some excitement. It is awesome, fast, good looking, and just all around cool. Had to go with the automatic because of my wife, but the performance is not much different. This is by far my favorite of 8, yes 8 new cars I have had in the last 10 years. By the way I was only able to drive the V6 coupe before purchasing my convertible. GT. Thank you Ford for not letting me down.

Pure fun
By bill on 05/07/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I looked at lots of different convertibles and loved the looks of the new Mustang. Bought it without ever test driving and what Pure Fun this car is. Handles great, great acceleration and turns heads.

So much fun
By scott strotz on 05/06/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I have had this new Mustang for just a short while. We got the first one in. It is an absolute blast to drive. Every time we get in it the thrill level gets higher. Ford really did a great job with this one.