2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
American Muscle
By Ammitt on 06/11/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has consistently ruled for 40 years and it will continue to rule in my opinion. My dream is one day to own the original Bullitt mustang. I think I know the car well as in my lifetime I have owned 13 different Mustang models, from the tiny Mustang 2, all the way to a 93 Cobra. This car has never ever failed me, and as long as I live there will be a Mustang parked in my garage ready to run.

I Love My New 'Stang!
By Kim on 05/28/05 14:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! It is the best and most fun car I have ever owned. It's eye catching, fun to drive, and makes me feel good whenever I get in it - especially when I can get out there with the top down and the music blaring. It's not possible to be mad, sad, or in a bad mood when you are in this car. I got it in Torch Red with a Parchment top - absolutely perfect!

'05 GT Mustang is Solid!
By lassen54 on 05/09/05 03:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

So far, I've been extremely impressed with our GT convertible. It has a solid feel on the road without any noticeable cowl shake. The car handles VERY well for a convertible. I recommend using the traction control as it works well and will keep the ponies in check. The last thing you want is the rear end coming around on you! The motor is smooth and powerful and the automatic transmission shifts cleanly through the gears. The black leather interior is beautiful and the dash layout is very stylish. Don't expect to be too comfortable in the back seat for long distances due to lack of space. The top goes up and down easily, and the top material appears to be very durable.

The Beast
By Mandy on 04/23/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the best one I have ever driven. To feel such power is GREAT! I love this car and I will never get rid of it. Great for comfort if there is 2 people. Not so much if there is 4 though.

GT Premium Convertible
By Jason on 04/17/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just like many others out there, I've been salivating over the '05 Mustang since Ford first announced the new design. I just got my car (Silver w/ black leather interior) and let me tell you, it's worth every penny. The dealer was telling me that Ford is overwhelmed by demand and buyers are waiting 6 months for delivery of their GT's. I would like to share with you that it is possible to get one. I didn't order my car in advance, but rather convinced the salesman that I was a serious buyer and to call me if a buyer who ordered one changed his mind when the car came in. He (to my amazement) called a week later. I was at the dealer within 90 minutes. They didn't even charge over sticker!

The Return of The King
By jchiar on 03/24/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car. Use to own a '69 fastback and hated the designs of the Mustang ever since - until now. This year's model is the best since then. It has classic styling, awesome performance and the best thing about it is that it is completely re-tooled. Which means it is not related to any of the 71-04 models. It gets looks wherever I drive it from all age groups. It has brought back my enthusiasm for the Mustang again. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Looks good but.....
By Ford for life on 02/14/05 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I liked the car - so I bought one. It's relatively fun to drive, but I can tell that I'll be getting rid of it in a year or two. It requires "work" to drive it and that's not always what I want out of a car. I looks awesome and sounds great but steering is tough and the response is tight.