2005 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2005 Mustang GT
By Jim on 09/14/05 03:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Mustang GT and it by far is the greatest car I ever owned. I had a 2001 Mustang 5 speed and my new one is an automatic and I thought I'd be missing out but the 5-speed transmission makes up for it. It is a very fast and fun car for an affordable price. The interior is nice if you get the upgraded interior package. It has a very comfortable ride for a sports car and unlike some sport cars it doesn't sit so low you think you're driving a go cart. I think Ford gets an A+ for this one.

Squealing Brakes
By Chris on 09/13/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had several Mustangs, including a 1985 and my favorite, a 1966. This is one of the funnest vehicles I have driven. The only complaint was the brakes squealing. I had it in the shop 3 times and I finally replaced the factory brake pads with ceramic pads -- problem solved. Now I have no complaints except for the speed limit signs.

2006 Mustang HOT off the assembly line
By E Jankowski on 09/10/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The '06 Mustang is awesome. A few changes from 2005; two new colors and wheels that now sport the pony logo instead of the Ford emblem. My car is Tungsten Gray, a new Mustang color that looks different under different light conditions. At midday it's silver metallic with a light blue tone. At dusk it takes on a faint purple tone and sometimes it looks silver gray.The retro styling is very cool. I catch people checking it out all the time. If you donít want to attract a lot of attention wherever you go donít buy a Mustang! As for performance WOW! From the rumble to the grip of the Pirelli performance tires as you navigate turns. Plenty of awesome power to get your license into trouble.

Ford, work on the interior
By buster95 on 09/06/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fourth Mustang I've owned, and by far the fastest and most comfortable. The 300hp engine does ok on gas if you keep your foot out of it, but when you wanna GO, hold on! Ford, as usual, has designed a cheap and lousy interior. While the seats are comfortable black leather, the fit and finish of the remainder of the cabin is horrendous. A seam cuts across the burnished aluminum dash. The auto shifter has a cheap seam across the top. The sides of the seats are easily scratched by the back adjustment lever. The plastic chrome on the dash air vents should have been made of real metal. The car's a great driving experience, with stellar performance, but the interior is shoddy.

What's Mineral Grey?
By G MANS 99 on 09/02/05 02:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my second Mustang, and I hope it this one last forever! I traded my '99 v6 for a used '05 GT with 11K miles. I love the 300hp engine on the highway, it just begs to go faster! The growling exhaust noise lets others know to get outta way. Once you hit 60 mph, the growl goes away, but you'll hardly notice as you fly by others with ease. Shaker 500 is loud enough, My Color with trip computer is a nice guy toy to have. Leather seats & interior are fantastic. Car has a lean forward stance that makes it look like the rear end might be jacked up a little. Looks like there will be hundreds of ways to customize your Stang. Ford seems to have got this makeover right!

Live for today
By Evil_Oppie on 08/30/05 20:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The only purchase that I have made that puts a smile on my face every time I see it. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning whenever I start my Mustang. The fun I have behind the wheel encourages me to take the long way and enjoy the scenery. I recommend this car for anyone that is tired of the humdrum drive to & from as a chore and make it a dream.

Lousy Interior
By Scott on 08/24/05 06:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car's unbelievably powerful. And it looks great. But in typical Mustang design, the interior is cheap, plastic and does not hold the promise of durability. There's an obnoxious seam across the top of the auto shifter. The rear passenger leather seat is missing stitching in three seams. The lever to move the seat back scratches and digs into the side panel. So the car will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. That's great, but the interior design and quality ... horrible.

Awesome
By christian on 08/17/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the GT Premium with all the upgrades. The 1000 watt System is awesome, although the 6 disk is a little confusing to load. The horsepower is great and I find it hard not to want to really hit. The interior is very nice, although my leg tends to hit the center column and I am a small person. The trunk is very large, even with the Speaker box. I love this car and have owned a 1967 fastback, 1990 convertible and now a 2005 and the 2005 is the best yet. Hope you enjoy........

The Legend Lives
By Millzy on 08/17/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

By far the best Mustang ever built. This is the fifth Mustang in my immediate family (88 GT, 96 GT, 99 and 02 V6s) and it far surpasses the performance, style, and quality of the others. This car is an instant classic and it is true what they say...the Legend Lives.

Love It
By MustangLT on 08/08/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What can I say - I have been a Mustang person my whole life. Last one I had was a '93, waited through the last 2 body styles and glad I did - I have a GT and love it - handles GREAT, sounds great, feels great. Love the retro dash styling. Five-speed shifts like a dream.