2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
This is my first and last Mustang
By nest on 02/17/07 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is not a performance car. It is very slow at the start and feels very heavy; it has "no" traction control though they claim it has ( I wonder do they really understand what that is); driver's seat is very uncomfortable for longer rides; visibility is very poor; a heating system takes forever to clear the back window and side mirrors (and it turns itself off in just a few minutes); the AC unit stinks because the engine heats the interior greatly; the sound system is junk probably in all respects; the cup holders location is useless if you have a stick; glove compartment is a joke; and mileage (WOW) 12.5 per gallon(city and freeway) - that's a scam.Think twice.

BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!
By Zander on 02/17/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This has got to be the most boring car I have ever owned. The inside is disgusting! Worse design I have ever seen in a car. It looks like something from the 70's with no form. Everything is just flat and boring. As for driving... the horse power is ok. With some aftermarket mods you can make it handle and move a lot better. It's better than the old mustang but no where near European or Japanese sports cars. Still can't take corners at anything like the speed a car like this should. Outside design is cool but doesn't make up for the rest of the car. Problems; several electrical connections weren't connected in the factory. Wheel and tire problems with shuddering, replaced O2 sensor already.

Fun while it lasted
By Chris on 01/07/07 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years. Many problems started developing after one year. One was the fuel gage...I'd fill the tank all the way and the gauge showed zero then went to full and back and fourth a few different times. Then the battery died leaving me stranded at work. At least thats what Ford said it was...it turned out to be the alternator which left me stranded again! And the list goes on. The car was fun, everyone seemed to like it, but the same old Ford issues kept coming back to annoy me.

Dream Car
By LUNAGLO on 11/28/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After 19 months, this car is still the one I have always dreamed of. I knew I was going to buy one as soon as I started reading articles about it a year before it came out. I still get looks and positive comments all the time. I am glad I went for the GT instead of the V6 because it truly has the Mustang "roar". The stability is fantastic and it feels like it glides from lane to lane. I added an "Airhog" air filter and I now get 34 mpg average, which is fantastic for a V8. I love the pick up when merging or turning into traffic. It is also quite roomy for a 2 door. At age 60 and female, this is my first "status" car and I hope to own it for the rest of my driving days.

Best bang for $$$$
By AJ on 07/11/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Screaming hot car of comfort, design, innovation and most of all speed! This is my 7th Mustang and I would buy 2 more just like it in red and blue if I had the money.

Best car I've owned, that's saying a lot
By jtmears on 07/05/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

1.5 years, 26k miles and I LOVE this car! Cruises like a BMW 540i and sounds way more cool! Handling is as good as a solid axle can get. Retro interior is comfortable and looks great. Good quality leather, although the plastics could use improvement. Shaker 1000 kicks butt for a stock system. Build quality is good for the price range and greatly improved over the older Mustangs (this makes #5 for me). It's not quite as fast or torquey as my LS1 Trans-Am, but WAY better quality. Has only been to the shop once for something very minor. Gas mileage leaves a little to be desired, but I would have bought a Honda or something if I cared about that. SWEET CAR!

Still Lovin it
By darrin on 06/14/06 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Owned this car for almost a year. Still drives like new. It's my daily driver and I have a blast commuting. No problems.

Still love It
By linda on 06/14/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Still loving this car. Handles great, looks great. Still an eye turner after 18 months. Went from an Escalade to the Mustang (what a dichotomy) and have not regretted it. I usually get a new car every 2 years but the Mustang I plan to keep. Have not gotten tired of it yet. I believe Ford designers really did the job right this time.

Best Pony Ever
By Mark on 06/03/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best performance car I've ever owned, and right at home parked next to my 1964 1/2 Mustang. High performance and great mileage (25.5 mpg at 70 mph). Very comfortable. Holds the road in turns like no other. Shaker 1000 is incredible sound system. GREAT job by the FORD Team!

My Baby
By 2005 stang on 05/31/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a muscle car and I'm proud to own this one. I compared to other cars out there; and am very happy with what I got for the price I paid. This pony peels out fast and looks good doing it.