Used 2005 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

By Dagi

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my V6 Convertible in June and must admit that I haven't been able to keep my hands off the steering wheel since! The ride is very stable. There is almost no "pull" through tight turns. The rear wheel drive makes the ride smooth on bumpy New England roads and I don't have to worry about spilling my coffee. The instrument panel design is great. No clutter and easy to read. Driving this car is exhilarating and fun. I have to get used to "thumbs up" signals, "nice car", "wow", and the likes comments and lots of stares from fellow drivers :). Negative side is that everyone wants to race you (and I am too old for that type of stuff...).

6 CD changer, exterior/interior design, great acceleration.

Cup holder placement! If you shift gears your cup is in the way. The second power outlet inside of the CD compartment is a strange place. Should be outside.

We've owned 2 '05s
By Jim,Sue Dolsky

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Between my wife and myself, we have ownership experience with close to 40 automobiles. We have owned 2, 2005 Mustangs in under 3 months. We traded our silver convertible when we went for the first oil change, and were shown a beautiful torch red, loaded, V-6 convertible. The stick handles smoothly. The engine has great punch for a 6. The silver was an automatic, and was also very pleasing to drive. These autos corner and change lanes with agility. The leather seats of our red are much more comfortable than the cloth, with more padding where it counts.

We traded from the more understated silver convertible to the torch red. The looks and premium accessories rank #1. The tradition of craftsmanship gives the new owner great confidence in the reliability and durability of the Mustang.

Had 2 roof issues with the silver; the driver side latch and the hydraulics, unsure if was a glitch as opposed to durability (?). Have owned the red for less than a week, so have no statements at this time.

First Time Mustang Buyer
By Valentine

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really cool car. Love to drive it. We get a lot of stares. The color is what grabs your attention. It is a cool blue with beige interior. I think Ford would sell more of these if they would target women with the lighter interior color as oppose to the typical black. This baby takes off when needed. It reminds me of my 1981 V6 280Z. Love that car. I think the GT is really a waste of power. Where will you be able to open it up without looking over your shoulders?

Color and just enough power.

Market this vehicle to women. I think it would really sell more if the colors on the lots were not so masculine. We had to wait about 13 weeks.

It's more than promised
By 1 for Fun

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I still own my first car after driving it for 32 years. My Dad bought a '66 Thunderbird Convertible for my Mom in late '65. It is still my favorite of my 12 cars. For the first time since I got the T-bird at 16 years old, I am in love with my car again. Highly recommended; the car has proven to be pure fun.

Its dimensions, stability, noise level with the top up or down. Attractive, well laid out interior and gauges. I disagree with Consumer Reports on their negative criticism of the interior materials.

AWD?

An unnatural emotional attachment....
By Joni

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband says I have an unnatural emotional attachment to this car. A rear-wheel-drive convertible is not the most practical vehicle for Montana, but I don't care! I am in love with this car. I'm having my mid-life crisis early (while I can still enjoy it). This car is an absolute BLAST to drive (top up or top down). I have always wanted a red Mustang convertible (my grandpa had a '64 1/2 baby blue Mustang coupe) and never thought I would be able to afford one. Not only is this car gorgeous, but it's AFFORDABLE! This car is a future classic.

Top goes down fast, top is sturdy -- no "bubble" when driving down the road, Shaker stereo, leather seats, trunk is big for a convertible, retro styling is gorgeous, heater heats up fast (yes, I've driven it with the top down and the heater on; a girl in MT has to do what a girl has to do!) :-)

Back seats are a bit tight -- but that just gives me an excuse not to haul around a bunch of people!