Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Flashback brings back muscle
By tommye

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was waiting for a car like this my whole life. I love it. The ripping engine sound, the style, the interior. The new traction control the old Mustangs lacked.

Favorite Features

Brushed aluminum dash, old spinner style rims

Suggested Improvements

I just wish they didnt use plastic parts in areas where metal would have been better suited. in the trunk, in the interior.

3rd times even better
By mardabas

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd 6 cyl. Mustang I've owned and this one is by far my favorite. The fit and finish is great, the performance is so far beyond my 95 that its closer to the fox body v-8. I like it so much that this is the first Stang that I'm upgrading visualy and performance wise. That's saying something about the passion this car causes in me as my first Stang was purchased in 1973. My only complaint would be the fuel fill problem that occurs once in awhile, the tank won't take a fill up at times. Overall, all I can say is that it kills me from Nov. to April when I store it.

I love my car!
By MustangSally

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a present to myself for getting my graduate degree. I'm a single mom and so tired of being practical! My kids and I love cranking the music and putting the top down! There are a few small things I'd change but I have so much fun with this car. Even ordered a vanity plate!

Favorite Features

Ease of putting the top down. Great six changer cd/speaker system. Great turning radius, great pick up. Don't let anyone tell you that you need a GT!

Suggested Improvements

Stronger clips on the back of the seats (the ones that actually tilt the seat forward). More compartments in the dash to hold sunglasses, cell phone, etc, and cup holders that can fold in/out in back seating area.

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

Favorite Features

None. The car is junk. Currently involved in a lemon law battle with Ford. They seem to think all of these problems are fine. Do not buy a Ford Mustang, they are junk. Go to the Edmunds Forums and see for yourself. Shop else where and save yourself a nightmare.

Suggested Improvements

Stop production and start over with a new development team. Use quality materials through out the car. The materials used in the Mustang are really low grade.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.

Favorite Features

Driving with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list....