2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
very well done
By ed on 10/05/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a joy to drive. Power is very good for a car this size. The exhaust note from the 4.0 six cylinder gives the impression (from inside) that there could be a v8 under the hood. The styling is unmistakable, it says "MUSTANG". If you do not like to get looks or stares, do not buy one. Overall I would give the MUSTANG a 9.

2005 Mustang V6 auto
By Larry on 09/24/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle in April of this year for $22,800, it's the first one that I have owned. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The body style screams Mustang. It's sonic blue with white strips. Interior is tan with cloth seats and Shaker 500 stereo system. I was very surprised with the ride on the highway; it is very smooth with no wind noise -- in town it's a little bumpy. Performance is good for a V6. I get 19 MPG in town and 25.7 on the highway. I guess the only complaint that I have is the engine is a little buzzy around the 1700 RPM range, other than that it is an excellent buy.

2005 Mustang V6 Premium 5-Speed
By Marshall Haynick on 09/21/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a six cylinder Mustang it is surprisingly quick. The interior is a little cheap, but hey its a low cost car. There is enough power to have fun and the handling is much improved. The 5-speed manual allows for a fun to drive attitude and all the standard power features is a nice option.

60s Mustang with today's best
By California Tom on 09/21/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I first read about the car last year and it reminded me of my '69. 5 months and 9000 miles later, it is my dream car. The distinction of my '69 with today's comfort and safety. The 5 speed manual isn't the smoothest around, but get it - an easy drop down to fourth and I am gone in traffic. Handling is spot on; I love taking curves in this thing. With upgrades, great interior/exterior styling cues; hardly a day goes by without a look, smile or comment. Averaging 23-26 MPG. The stereo sounds great and I can drive for hours either on cruise control or through traffic with a wide smile. Trunk holds golf bag, softball bags and groceries with ease, but not for a family of 4.

Pony car reborn
By Anacad on 09/14/05 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It has a great retro look and a lot of get up and go for a V- 6. This is my third Mustang; my first was a 1966 convertible and my second (my first new car) was a 1982 L sedan. My 2005 Mustang tops them both! I've only had one problem with the car -- the power lock on the passenger side doesn't work and hasn't since day one. Since I'm usually the only one in the car, I've arranged to get it fixed on my first service visit.

Awesome Ride - Dream come true!
By Kelley Kimball on 09/08/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always dreamed of owning one of the classic Mustangs since I was 14 years old. I finally have one in the 2005 Mustang. Great car and really fun to drive!

Great Car!
By stl23red on 07/30/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Super car, a great head turner. The only performance problem is that with the automatic it is very, VERY slow off the line, it will not spin the tires. All said, I LOVE my Mustang.

Awesome for a V6
By Ginny on 07/22/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought a V6 a few months ago, and it just loves to go. It handles very well, and zips in and out with ease. I live in a large city, and the auto transmission is perfect for trying to get around traffic jams. I highly recommend this car.

I love my Mustang
By Debbie on 07/06/05 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car whatsoever. Bought this car on a whim. Was looking at the GT but couldn't afford the insurance.

2005 V6
By Daniel on 07/05/05 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car; I think the power is wonderful considering it is only a V6 and its great fun to drive. Turns heads all the time. Reliability has been fine so far, no problems besides a few small things Ford was still working out. Just a little sensor that needed to be replaced. The look is what I went for. We all know that Ford and Chevy can not compare to Honda or Toyota on overall reliability and the Mustang is still not as refined as the Accord or Camry, but neither of those cars would make me nearly as happy or put that smile on my face to drive every day.