2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Not a great family vehicle
By StangGirl

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Last year my husband decided he wanted to trade in my minivan (lol) for this Mustang, well over all I love the Mustang, looks good, drives good (love the handling) except for it revving up (not sure if it's because it's a manual) when you go to stop, only happens occasionally. The CD player jumps which I heard that was common for the Shaker 500. And well ,it's just unpractical for a family. Though it looks nice and you get a lot of thumbs up we just gotta let it go.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks and over all style.

Suggested Improvements

Take the rev limiter out; it's a stang let it go....

Donkey Kong
By MiStang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

Favorite Features

I looked really good in it because it really looked good on me. A throw back to the 70's when I was a teenager lusting for my first time in a Mustang.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the unknown "ping". After all, a dead customer is not a repeat customer. Need really long arms to pull the seat belt to a safe position.

Not what you would expect
By disappointment

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V6 hardtop coupe. It's a beautiful dirt color with black racing stripes. The horse power stinks. 4.0L and only 210hp. I also have a Nissan 350z thats a 3.5L V6. It puts out 300HP stock. My Mustang is flawless in style and looks but I am very disappointed in the performance.

Favorite Features

Color, cound system, mpg, interior design, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power.

Amazing package
By rt

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Mustang Deluxe and have been amazed with the car. The handling, looks/style, performance and most of all, the great highway gas mileage. I get about 32 miles to the gallon on the highway which is very satisfactory. I have owned many cars since the 1960s and never have I had so many people of all ages compliment my car like this 05 Mustang. The trunk is roomy, the handling and improved driver positioning is so much better than the 02 Mustang I had.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the looks.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust on the 6 cylinder car and with the wonderful sound of the GT.

Major Problems Reconsider Before You Buy
By Jess

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had major rattling in the dash, the driver's seat pops, the sending unit had to be replaced because my gas kept showing empty when it was full. The gas went over when I was filling, or just stopped when it was 1/2 full and wouldn't go anymore. The transmission is AWFUL! It acts like it's in neutral and revs sometimes while I'm driving it, or just taking off; then CLUNKS into gear. Nobody can fix it, they can't figure it out. It shifts very hard. And the other day the abs locked up on one wheel when I started it up, METAL-ON-METAL grinding; after a lil bit of going back and forth and slamming on the brakes it quit, took it to the shop, they couldn't' figure anything out. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior and interior LOOK.

Suggested Improvements

Fix transmission and rattling! And check the brakes!

Not Bad
By Travis

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The dealer is great. Free oil changes for life. This V6 sounds a teeny bit like a V8. I like it. It rides a bit rough over pothole repaired city streets. It feels quite good on the highway.

Favorite Features

Its appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the live rear axle.

fun car!
By banshee

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my v-8 stang for the more economical v-6. I enjoy driving this car as I am on the interstate every day going to work. I miss the sound of my v-8, but I definitely don't miss the premium gas or gas mileage it got. The 2005 is very good on gas, and of course, a Mustang is not a Mustang if it's an automatic. Therefore, I can still squeal the tires in this 5 speed if I have to! I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't race anyone in this car, hence the much better gas mileage, but at 30 mpg, I'd say my little red stang keeps up with them foreign cars in that area. As for the look of the car, it's absolutely beautiful, and makes me feel good driving it!

Favorite Features

The 5 speed can keep up with the best of them! It's a very sexy car!

Suggested Improvements

The chrome around the different sections of the dash can be quite blinding from the sun at times.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By cdo

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, beautiful ride. Ford finally got it right.

Favorite Features

The exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Stop offering so many automatics and so few manual transmissions. It's a performance car, Ford. The auto transmission just takes away from the pickup.

Mustang somewhat disappointing
By jjkjrii

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I both have 2005 mustangs and both have some of the same problems. Both cd players skip and will not play the cd at times. Both had to have rear windows replaced because they distorted the view out of them. Both have a harmonic vibration in the exhaust system that ford has no fix for it, the one that I drive has a noisy rear end {gear noise}. So much for improving quality. Ford seems to think sell cars the heck with quality.

Favorite Features

Car looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Get some input from the people that have the cars and fix the problems right away not when you get around to it.

Great car needs more quality work inside
By neflstang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been a pleasure to own. It rides really well especially compared to previous years for the Mustang. The interior is a little cheap even for trying to be retro looking. Upgrade to the leather seats. They are much more comfortable. Overall, the car is just what you would expect from a Mustang and it really turns a lot of heads while you are driving it.

Favorite Features

Love the dark red color and the upgraded sound system is worth every penny. Leather power seats are a must!

Suggested Improvements

Put more workmanship into the interior. It can look retro without looking plastic. Make the spoiler standard.