Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

First car, couldn't be happier
By vb

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really love this car. Even for a v6, the performance is great for a reasonable price. You barely have to touch the pedal and you get great acceleration. The gas mileage is alright, better than I thought it was going to be considering it's a sports car. Interior and exterior designs are both absolutely beautiful. The retro fonts on the gauges take a little getting used to, but this car is a real blast to drive. I have had no problems with the car so far, just like the majority of the reviews said. The tank only costs $40.00 to fill at $3.45 per, which isn't bad. Overall great car in every aspect that makes a sports car what it is.

I really like the horizontal shifter, it's just cool. I absolutely love both the interior and exterior designs of this car. The performance is great and the steering is quite excellent. Plus, this car has an amazing bang for the buck. This is my first car and I honestly couldn't be happier.

Make the shifter less plasticy and smoother shifting, even with auto. The doors are a little long and gives the impression that they're "delicate" since they're prone to vibration because of the length. Please add an interior trunk opener as the remote one is just annoying. Up the MPG and it's perfect.

I'm never buying a Ford again
By crc0069

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

All that I have had is problems with this car and every time time I take it to the dealer, they don't want to work on it. Items that have had problems: Gas gauge which is failing again 1 year later, Transmission does not shift at the 3rd shift point unless you let up on the gas and push it down again, Windshield washer bottle 2 times, trunk switch, strip was replaced, the front-end could be aligned and need a shime about $140, the steering wheel has always had a shimmy (guessing that the rotor are warped). Water pump went and they did not even want to look at it until I ask what I would need to do when it blow up on the way home. Unsafe to drive.

The look of the car. And by the way I ran out of space above in my review. There is more.

Ford's warranty means nothing. If your going to give a warranty, please fix something and don't try to void my warranty every time I show up. Even the Ford 800 number didn't care! What's up with that????

Very poor Quality
By mustanggrl2005

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have owned!! Been in the shop several times. Unable to fix front end noise. Been stuck on the side of the interstate 3 times. First problem accurred before the 30 days temp tag was up. Shaker 1000 was fixed 3 times. Very hard to put fuel in it, the pump shuts off after $1.00 or sooner. Ford states No problem there!! I have had Electrical problems, E-brake locking up. rear end out, stereo not working, and the list goes on!!! If u are a mechanic then this is the car to drive!! Buyers beware! Ford needs to make some improvements!

Like the color Windveil blue

Take lessons from honda, toyota, and Nissan. They seem to last! Better customer support! Dealing with Ford is very Hard!

Fun on a budget
By Robert

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 29,000 miles on my Mustang, bought it new when there were few on the lot and have not had the first problem. I have had mine to Miami and to Niagara Falls, ON twice and everywhere in between. The gas mileage has always been good, the best being 29mpg which I just did on a trip to Orlando and around town is usuallyin the 20-22 range depending upon my foot. The pickup and passing are excellent for a v-6 and love shifting into the 4 speed range for passing. Next one will be a GT convertible.

Stereo, a/c and short turning radius

Lumbar support as standard equipment

Finally!
By Leslie

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had been yearning for a Mustang for several years and finally realized that life was too short not to have it! I am now more in love with muscle cars than ever before and wish that I could have gotten the 8 cylinder (insurance wanted too much). Unfortunately, I do mostly NYC street driving to and from work 5 days/week. A real joy when I am driving around upstate NY. I never have to think twice about lane changes or pulling onto any highway. At first, it takes muscle to drive this car's stick. So much fun to break it in though. I got a lot of attention in 2005 when I first got the car. Best looking rear end on a car ever!

I love the way the engine sounds. I love the feel of downshifting. I love the way the body looks. I also love the curve of the front bumper. It's got that nice angle on the sides so it's not dented or scratched as much by other people who don't know how to parallel park.

A plastic thingy popped off pretty quickly...but I am not surprised that it happened. You don't own a Ford without expecting a bit of drama. I don't like that the vent can't be opened without turning on the fan. The option of a power seat on the passenger side would have been good too.