2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Dream come true
By awmustang on 11/02/05 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang for as long as I can remember. Now I finally have one and it's so much more than I imagined.

My Opinion
By onen5 on 11/01/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car, and wouldn't trade it for the world. Like every car it has issues. I had problems with the struts, the gas tank, and the heater. But if you love to drive, you'll love to drive this. I can't vouch for the automatics or the V6 cars, but the GT with a stick (wrapped in leather) is a sheer thrill to drive.

'05 V6 -- a muscle car in every sense
By 05AV6 on 10/22/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE this car, have had almost a year now and love it more every day. Don't need the GT to get your heart rate up, this V6 flies. No disappointments here.

Love It
By Kingcool on 10/20/05 23:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mustang GT has great handling and acceleration. Interior comfort is much improved over past models. The traction control gives the car excellent handling ability.

bummer
By kurt on 10/16/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having a hard time putting gas in the tank. It takes about 15 minutes to put gas in the car. It will only go in at very slow speed, like in between off and start.

2006 GT
By NRBMedia on 10/12/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Car has 18" wheel/tire option and 5 speed manual. Also have '88 LX 5.0. Quite different cars. New car is great looking and has a comfortable interior with great seats and smooth engine. Complaints are numerous: keys are too low and hit my knee, pedal pads slip easily, shifter is vague and clunky, engine lacks bottom end torque, rear suspension is jumpy and produces a choppy, busy ride on most surfaces, shocks are tuned for "Cadillac" ride and not performance handling, making for bad body roll. Gauges are buried in dash making for difficult daytime readability. Car is rather large and heavy compared with past Mustangs. Other than those items, a great, well built car.

What a Disappointment
By Phil R on 10/12/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this V6 5 speed as a replacement for a 2002 V6 5 speed that I really love. (I still have the 2002, now driven by my son.) The '05 is a huge disappointment: the drive train constantly knocks, clunks, growls, and whines. (The '02 does none of this). The dealer agreed that it is bad; replaced the transmission with no improvement, and now tells me it's normal and I'll just have to live with it. Maybe the automatics are better, but DO NOT buy this car with a manual transmission unless you like lots of noise.

Head Turner
By Bernie on 10/08/05 05:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car, and lots of fun to drive. First sports car I've ever had, and let me tell you it is very powerful. You really have to use the cruise control to maintain legal speed. You don't feel like your speeding. I have the Red Fire Red with standard 17 inch wheels, standard interior with Shaker 500 system, which sounds great. I have 6300 miles on it, and I have not had any problems with it. Overall, it is a great car to drive and just go cruising. Lots of people come up to me and want to look and hear the machine. Gas mileage is not too good, but reasonable. One minute negative is that the amplifier gets very hot with the windows down and you can feel it in your legs.

very well done
By ed on 10/05/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a joy to drive. Power is very good for a car this size. The exhaust note from the 4.0 six cylinder gives the impression (from inside) that there could be a v8 under the hood. The styling is unmistakable, it says "MUSTANG". If you do not like to get looks or stares, do not buy one. Overall I would give the MUSTANG a 9.

Wow -- why didn't I buy this sooner!
By Elexis on 09/26/05 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Mustang owner 2 weeks now and wow, asking myself why I waited so long! Jet black V6 premium convertible with upgraded interior (black leather, black top and exterior sports package. Can't forget those side airbags and the active anti-theft for the insurance break. With the new body style it is a head turner from its shiny black exterior to its trippy old style rims. The driving experience is wonderful, hard to put into words really, but you could judge by the big grin on my face each time I drive it. The MPG advertised was accurate; I get about 17 city and up to 25 freeway... the main difference is I WANT to drive it and I take the long way just so I get to drive it more.