2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The Pony Rides Again!
By PonyXpress on 12/02/05 18:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2005 Roush GT Sonic Blue Convertible. Having spent much of my late teens and early 20's restoring '67 & '68 Mustang's, I was blown away when I first saw the 2005 retro Mustang. Naturally, I had to have one and bought myself a birthday present in June 05. I have about 2500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. It's great fun to drive and Roush has tweaked the car just right, from the exhaust to the ground effects. It's spooky, but I feel as if I'm sitting in my '68 Fastback, albeit a greatly improved version. With the flood of after market products becoming available by the minute, it will no doubt keep me busy again. Can't wait to blow the doors off any retro Camaro or Cuda we may yet see!

Best Bang for the Buck
By TimB on 12/01/05 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have about 4,000 miles on it now in 4 months, projecting 10,000. I usually only drive about 8,000 miles a year. But this car makes me want to take the long way home! It's fast, it's comfortable, it handles very nicely. The build quality is first rate. Not a single problem or "issue".... that's amazing for a new design itself. Materials (plastic) are par for the price range, but the looks and performance are an absolute bargain. I have the 5 speed automatic GT. Very slick, smooth AND firm shifting. Gas mileage is good on the highway, so-so in town (as expected). Get it, you'll love it!

Love My ' Stang
By Love My 'Stang on 12/01/05 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car especially the old styling. I have 7,000 miles on my car and the only problems I had was a loud rattle in the right side of the dashboard when driving on a bumpy road and paint chipping on the inside of the drivers door. Also if you are not used to the transmission shifting this car can be difficult. The tranny sometimes makes a clunking noise when shifting.

Cure for Mid Life Blues!
By Jay Bodenstein on 12/01/05 09:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sonic blue, 2005 Mustang convertible is the most fun machine I've ever owned. Driving with top down, warm wind in my face (hair's mostly gone!) and feeling great as the feelings of youth return, I love my Mustang! This is the ultimate time machine. Put on the Beach Boys, or any other hits from the 60's, crank up the stereo and wow!

Great Fun Factor
By pony_pirate on 11/20/05 03:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first car I've actually loved to own and drive. Lots of torque over a broad range of RPM's. Great fun to drive. Responsive steering, tight turning ratio. Fast gearbox. Gut-satisfying rumble. Beautiful to look at, fine styling inside and out. A street machine built for the straightaways, rather than a sports car built for the curves (rolls a bit). Rear single-axle bounces on bumps. Surprisingly civilized ride. Comfortable driver's seat, so-so passenger's seat, cramped back seats. Good but not great stereo. Cut to a price point, with some lack of amenities and space, such as small trunk and glove compartment, limited storage spaces inside. Interior upgrade a must. Recommend side air bag.

Loveit
By truxxer on 11/17/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Over all i love it. It's fun to drive and there are lots of options and add ons like body kits and exhaust to choose from and I like that. Most of all the looks I get and compliments on the car.

I Love My Roush GT
By 1HTPONY on 11/11/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Red Roush GT. It rides like a dream and looks awesome. The power is great and sounds great too. I'm also very happy with the Shaker 500. Always looking for a reason to drive my new Pony!

Transmission Blues
By RJ Spencer on 11/11/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This Mustang was made on 04 April and arrived on 22 April. Two major problems; one being the gas tank and error message. A new sensor has been added to the gas tank but the problem still exists with the gauge showing 1/2 tank when the tank in full. The second problem is the transmission slipping into neutral for about a second lately while the shifter is in drive, then bumping into gear. Transmission is being replaced under warranty.

Road Trip 2005
By Howard on 11/07/05 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At 61 years old and recently a widower, I asked my children if they thought I was going through a second childhood since I was considering purchasing a new Mustang GT convertible. They all said if that's what you want, go for it. I did. I had planned a trip to Las Vegas and decided to extend the trip and drive. I made a two week trip covering 5500 miles from Georgia to California averaging 23.5 mpg and drove over 1000 miles on two different days. The weather was great, the car performed flawlessly, and the ride was very comfortable. This car is not the fastest or most expensive on the road, but dollar for dollar is a fantastic value and a super performer. I'm looking forward to the GT500.

Not as Good as People Think
By classicfindz on 11/05/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone gets excited when they see the new Ford Mustang. It has a gorgeous body style, but to me, that is it. It gets poor gas mileage. Diagnostic says 21 mpg, I only get 12-15. A number of problems which Ford keeps saying "normal characteristics", which another dealer will say differently. The gas tank has been replaced twice and I still have problems filling it up and they refuse to put in a third tank, but technically, I have had three different gas tanks in the car.