Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

None. The car is junk. Currently involved in a lemon law battle with Ford. They seem to think all of these problems are fine. Do not buy a Ford Mustang, they are junk. Go to the Edmunds Forums and see for yourself. Shop else where and save yourself a nightmare.

Stop production and start over with a new development team. Use quality materials through out the car. The materials used in the Mustang are really low grade.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.

Driving with the top down.

Too many to list....

Donkey Kong
By MiStang

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

I looked really good in it because it really looked good on me. A throw back to the 70's when I was a teenager lusting for my first time in a Mustang.

Fix the unknown "ping". After all, a dead customer is not a repeat customer. Need really long arms to pull the seat belt to a safe position.

Not what you would expect
By disappointment

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V6 hardtop coupe. It's a beautiful dirt color with black racing stripes. The horse power stinks. 4.0L and only 210hp. I also have a Nissan 350z thats a 3.5L V6. It puts out 300HP stock. My Mustang is flawless in style and looks but I am very disappointed in the performance.

Color, cound system, mpg, interior design, smooth ride.

More horse power.

Amazing package
By rt

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Mustang Deluxe and have been amazed with the car. The handling, looks/style, performance and most of all, the great highway gas mileage. I get about 32 miles to the gallon on the highway which is very satisfactory. I have owned many cars since the 1960s and never have I had so many people of all ages compliment my car like this 05 Mustang. The trunk is roomy, the handling and improved driver positioning is so much better than the 02 Mustang I had.

My favorite feature would have to be the looks.

Dual exhaust on the 6 cylinder car and with the wonderful sound of the GT.