'05 Mustang
By cdlafaver on
2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I have been anticipating the arrival of the '05 Mustang for about a year and have been checking with various dealers now and then as to "when will they be here"? After being told "in a few weeks" by most everyone I was shocked to walk into a dealership that had one that went from their showroom floor to my garage floor in just over 1 hour! I am very please with this car except for one thing. On acceration (worse when cold) I get somewhat of a rumble from the transmission(5 speed). Their service department said it was gear lash and nothing could be done about it. Has anyone else noticed this? Where should I go to get help? Thanks for any comments.
Favorite Features
The car handles great, the body is solid and tight and I don't feel like I'm sitting on the floor as in my former NSX or 300 ZX. I live in the Mountains, with lots of twisting roads and find the car is great fun to drive. The fit and finish is excellent and over all it is very comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Just fix the tranny! I will probably be buying a convertable this spring in which case I will get an automatic.