2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The year the pony got its gallop back ;-)
By bryanbrock on 04/08/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 5th mustang I have owned all others being older models, And I have to give ford credit it is a vast improvement and a whole different animal. Handling is by far much improved due to new chassis engineering, you get 305hp in the GT! Which is the most power available to the GT to that date. Engine management system does a great job of turning it into a boulevard bully when your in the mood then pretend its Hybrid when it senses your trying to save gas. Back seat takes effort to get into but plenty of room in the 2005 when back there. Clutch could be handled by my 80 yr old grandma, ..not heavy at all! Now even the car is 6 years old it still gets complements and ride requests!

Ready to Run!!
By bigginny87 on 07/02/11 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoyed this car, no major problems. It took most of its life in AZ where I bought it, in 08 with 48k on it, then drove it too NY, Now has 61k, never seen a NY winter. Its fast, and sporty or it can be a normal car, all depends on how you drive it, me I enjoy winning the races! Its roomy only in the front seats, rears are good for college books lol. Problems I have are popping sound while turning at low speeds, i cant find anything nor can the mechanics. Other thing is the 2 water leaks i had, a/c drain box, but that was just a drain plug, was plugged, the other i cant find but the driver side seatbelt fills with water when it rains.

Nice car
By Mike on 12/21/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang is a nice car! Price to performance ratio is very good and Ford has done many things right. That said, there are some annoying things about this car that Ford needs to clean up (see suggested improvements).

05 MUSTANG GT AFTER 1 YEAR
By B MARTIN on 12/20/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After having my Mustang for a year, the only complaint I have is the weather in Ohio. I would love to live somewhere I could drive my Mustang all year. Every little jaunt is fun because this car is so fun to drive. The Shaker 1000 rocks! The looks are awesome. Nobody will mistake a Mustang for a jellybean clone Grand Am.

Ride of my life
By Vincent on 12/20/05 09:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car; it makes it from a to b in good time with no problems.

Screaming Yellow (A Lemon?)
By Lorie on 12/09/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We waited patiently for our Mustang to arrive. Three other individuals waited behind us in case our purchase did not go through. We drove away the happy owners of the 2005 Mustang GT Premium in Screaming Yellow. We chose to add the racing stripe package to complete the look. We get lots of compliments,with most people saying the Screaming Yellow looks the best. After a few weeks of driving it, we began to notice a popping noise coming from the front wheel area. The noise was most noticeable when turning slowly or backing and turning. Service department adjusted steering but noise continued to increase. Problem turned out being the upper strut bearing assembly which the service department replaced.

Great Fun Factor
By pony_pirate on 11/20/05 03:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first car I've actually loved to own and drive. Lots of torque over a broad range of RPM's. Great fun to drive. Responsive steering, tight turning ratio. Fast gearbox. Gut-satisfying rumble. Beautiful to look at, fine styling inside and out. A street machine built for the straightaways, rather than a sports car built for the curves (rolls a bit). Rear single-axle bounces on bumps. Surprisingly civilized ride. Comfortable driver's seat, so-so passenger's seat, cramped back seats. Good but not great stereo. Cut to a price point, with some lack of amenities and space, such as small trunk and glove compartment, limited storage spaces inside. Interior upgrade a must. Recommend side air bag.

Loveit
By truxxer on 11/17/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Over all i love it. It's fun to drive and there are lots of options and add ons like body kits and exhaust to choose from and I like that. Most of all the looks I get and compliments on the car.

2006 GT
By NRBMedia on 10/12/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Car has 18" wheel/tire option and 5 speed manual. Also have '88 LX 5.0. Quite different cars. New car is great looking and has a comfortable interior with great seats and smooth engine. Complaints are numerous: keys are too low and hit my knee, pedal pads slip easily, shifter is vague and clunky, engine lacks bottom end torque, rear suspension is jumpy and produces a choppy, busy ride on most surfaces, shocks are tuned for "Cadillac" ride and not performance handling, making for bad body roll. Gauges are buried in dash making for difficult daytime readability. Car is rather large and heavy compared with past Mustangs. Other than those items, a great, well built car.

Man, What a ride
By Sandman on 09/21/05 02:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my 2005 GT for three months and 6500 miles, and man what a ride. This is my fourth Mustang, having had a '67, '69 and '74, this is by far the best. I live on the north coast of California, The roads here are built for this car, lots of curve and twists along Highway 101 and through the redwoods put this car to the test and man, what a ride. I recently took a trip to San Francisco and got 23 miles to a gallon, and I was not driving slow. In and out of traffic the car is a blast to drive and it does get a lot of looks and thumbs up from folks along the way. Would recommend this car to anyone who takes pleasure in driving.