2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Don't Stop!
By Kim on 08/21/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love at first sight! Loved it even more when I drove it. Fast, fun, and eye catching. But have had to replace the brakes 3 times and have had many braking issues. The emergency brakes sticks and you don't know it until you smell it, then it's too late. Back to shop for more brakes! The car has had a rattle since I purchased it. Drives me nuts, passenger seat belt has been replaced 2 times and still locks and latches my passenger in and will not release. I have to warn them not to put it on or put it on at their own risk. Ford see's nothing wrong with this. Brakes are not a issue either, their solution "don't use the emergency brake".

Pretty nice ride
By nice on 11/08/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 v6 Ford mustang in August of 2008. I had a Jeep wranlger before it and it was a huge change. It has an amazing amount of standard features, smooth ride and astounding handling (especially on turns)! I would suggest though, don't go in the mud... I bottoms out really easy, so if the roads dirt, don't test it but if you stay on concrete it's a pretty Nice ride. It also has amazing leg room, I'm 6,2 with and when I put the seat all the way back I can make my legs completely straight! It's amazing! But I will warn you with the seat all the way back it basically touches the back seat. So if you have ppl in the back you do have to sacrifice a lot of leg room!

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
By Brandon on 08/12/09 01:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is a Blast to drive every single time!! Truly feels like you are in a 67' fastback! Only problem I've had with it is the oxygen sensor going out, but not to worry It's a GREAT car! The A/C blows SUPER cold, I never have to use the full power of it. It has plenty of horsepower, in fact when the light turns green it's a struggle not to laugh and spin the tires leaving the Prius next to you in your rear view mirror. Mine has a borla exhaust that produces a sound second to none! It is extremely reliable and never lets you down. If you are not having fun with this car you are doing something wrong!

Batttery drain problem
By Larry T. on 07/15/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A very fun car to drive. Lots of looks & feedback from people. But having problems with battery drain when not in use for 3-4 wk. Lost 1st battery to dead cell 2nd starting to fade. I hope Ford will recognize problem & issue warranteed fix (I'm now off warranty). I notice several others on Mustang forums with same; maybe a stong lobby to Ford will resolve this with recall or TSB.

Pony at 3 1/2 years
By Robert on 05/12/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as the new Mustangs hit the market in 2004, I knew I had to have one. I found a GT with the premium equipment package just the way I wanted it and at a good price (I was lucky) and took it home in December 2004. The car is now three and a half years old with about 15,000 miles on the odometer. I really enjoy driving the Mustang, and love the looks. Being an early build unit (built on October 4, 2004) it did have many of the bugs and issues the first batch suffered from, including issues with the radio, fuel tank, battery, alternator, and front end suspension. All repairs were covered by the warranty.

One Bad Pony
By Eduardo on 03/31/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What can i said i'm a Ford lover. This is my Mustang #5 and all I got to say that is a beast on the road. Awesome performance, body design, nice retro dashboard. Bottom line Ford did it again, great work! My only suggestion is the suspension should be dropped at least 1.5 inches. Car needs to be able to handle better in curves.

Fun While It Lasted
By drmithra on 03/22/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I loved the looks and had to have one. No sunroof offered, no climate control available, no factory nav, no MP3 dock, I didn't care. Ripping to redline had it's own reward. Two years later a third child, a rattling dash and $3 gas made me realize this isn't a car for a long term relationship. To get 300hp for so little money corners must be cut. I still love the car on weekends, but commuting realities mean I'm trading it in. Goodbye, we'll always have Paris.

2005 Mustang GT premium
By Jonathan on 03/09/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If Ford makes all future Mustangs live up to this one, you will always find me in the driver's seat of one. I fell in love with this design when I saw it unveiled in numerous magazines and auto shows. From an interior that leaves you feeling swaddled in comfort to the retro gauges that seem to smile when you take a seat and a beautiful body design, this car catches the very elements that an American muscle car should have; attitude and appeal. The car is affordable and the performance is great. Space could be better, but works for a muscle car. Gas mileage is good considering V8 power and curb weight. Overall, kudos to FMC. This car has punched its ticket in the automotive hall of fame.

Love it, Drive it, Beat it, Race it.
By 300HPGT on 08/12/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have now owned my 2005 Mustang GT Coupe for 2 1/2 years and have put 91,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new and I love this car. I drive it extremely hard and the only things that have had to be replaced on the car were because of my driving habbits. I race the car on weekends and power shift daily. I am on my second transmission and 4th clutch because I am so hard on it. 1st trans warranty replaced. The alternators stink on this car. Had one replaced under warranty. Need another. It causes a cam shaft sensor problem but oh well I still love the car. Overall I give it a 10 and love driving the car 100 miles every day for work and for pleasure on the weekends. It's built Ford tough!

Supercharged GT is Super
By tommyboy on 03/31/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our '05 Supercharged Mustang GT Premium is a real blast to drive! We loved the stock 300 H.P. Stang as it came, after we added the Vortech SQ polished Supercharger with the matching air-to-water intercooler she really came to life! The Supercharger with the intercooler is the answer to serious Stang 500 H.P. The Vortech is a real addition to the beauty of this car as well. We show it in the local CA. car shows and people always flock around to check it out.We take people out for a little test drive and they are always so surprized at the power this Stang will display."I'm still shaking" is not uncommon. In terms of bang for the buck, you can't beat the supercharged Stang!