2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Best Mustang V6 i ever driven!
By bikersam

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

05 Mustang V6 is the best car i ever driven, the 4.0 engine is fast and fuel efficient and reliable, i don't know what people are complainning about, when i buy a car, i don't care about the looks, the small things that go wrong with it, i go for preformance, the Motor and Trans, those are the most importance of a car, if the motor and transmission is in good working condition and so far, i had this Mustang since 2005 and its 2012, i have no problems with the engine and transmission and thats great for a Ford!! The only small problems was the battery went bad in 4 years, thats normal for any car, the dashboard gages went bad on the temp. and fuel gage, no big problem!

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard Gages, besides, that, Nothing!

Terrible!
By Danny

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I cant keep this car out of the shop. Rear end AND tramission been replaced twice, trunk swicth, stereo as well, seat belts wont unlock sometimes, and battery dies often. Ford doesnt want to do anything about it. Interior looks good but is cheap plastic and rattles ALL the time. I was a ford mustang guy until i got this car. Oh yeah, pumping gas takes forever.

Favorite Features

color, sound system (when its working)

Suggested Improvements

Take pride in this car, and stand behind it

You will not be sorry.
By steve craft

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

A more gorgeous, fun to drive, fun to look at, no troubles in sight car you couldn't find. In a world of cars that look like tylenol capsules & are a big bore in general, you have a REAL car: the ford mustang! With its big heavy- set eyebrows and its throaty (but not obnoxious) growl. Handles a dry turn with determination, LOVES the road in terms of wanting a good run...it will ask to pull toward 80 rather than cantering at 65. Cars & especially trucks politely get out of the way to let the glory of this American Original shine, as it gracefully owns the road, weaving or not weaving, gaining or not gaining as the mood fits. I have had it 3 years. Bottom line: If I could buy 3, I would!

Favorite Features

Beauty. Handling. Stamina. Speed. Sound. Trunk space. AMAZING gas mileage, as it uses only regular fuel. …Did I say how sexy and gorgeous it is?? Did I mention what NOT a mediocrity is among bland averageness? Oh, and PRICE! I suppose it doesnt handle like a BMW, but 10x cooler - like a MUSTANG!

Suggested Improvements

It doesn't have weaknesses. Plush heated seats? No, its a man's car. Keeps it simple, and exudes total character. Its only weakness is that people ask you questions about it all the time. But a lot of those people are cute, so I dont suggest improving that.

good but not great
By pandabear

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I must say for a V6 it is quiet quick. I had added the Airaid cold air intake to it. And managed to run it at 15.05 at 92 mph through a quater mile at the track. So its plenty of power for what you pay. Now to the cons. Panels are falling off all over the place. Front and back bumpers just seem like a pre- K toddler could pull them off. It is way to tight fitting on the inside. Which i guess its suppose to be. I love the way the inside looks though, with all the nice chrome pieces. It can be turned around like a fourwheeler too with very tight steering. But if you get this car you'll just be wishing you had the V8 the whole time so don't waste your money on this.

Favorite Features

Interior chrome pieces.

Suggested Improvements

Better build, more interior room, bigger gas tank.

It is a Dream car!!!!
By lizn_9

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The mustang has always been my dream car. Well i got it now and it's great! super fun to drive and i don't have one bad thing to say. GET ONE!! I have recieved nothing but good looks and people telling how nice the car is! it's one good deal!

Favorite Features

I have to say it's the body of the car. It's very beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Well It could have more chrome inside.

First car, couldn't be happier
By vb

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really love this car. Even for a v6, the performance is great for a reasonable price. You barely have to touch the pedal and you get great acceleration. The gas mileage is alright, better than I thought it was going to be considering it's a sports car. Interior and exterior designs are both absolutely beautiful. The retro fonts on the gauges take a little getting used to, but this car is a real blast to drive. I have had no problems with the car so far, just like the majority of the reviews said. The tank only costs $40.00 to fill at $3.45 per, which isn't bad. Overall great car in every aspect that makes a sports car what it is.

Favorite Features

I really like the horizontal shifter, it's just cool. I absolutely love both the interior and exterior designs of this car. The performance is great and the steering is quite excellent. Plus, this car has an amazing bang for the buck. This is my first car and I honestly couldn't be happier.

Suggested Improvements

Make the shifter less plasticy and smoother shifting, even with auto. The doors are a little long and gives the impression that they're "delicate" since they're prone to vibration because of the length. Please add an interior trunk opener as the remote one is just annoying. Up the MPG and it's perfect.

I'm never buying a Ford again
By crc0069

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

All that I have had is problems with this car and every time time I take it to the dealer, they don't want to work on it. Items that have had problems: Gas gauge which is failing again 1 year later, Transmission does not shift at the 3rd shift point unless you let up on the gas and push it down again, Windshield washer bottle 2 times, trunk switch, strip was replaced, the front-end could be aligned and need a shime about $140, the steering wheel has always had a shimmy (guessing that the rotor are warped). Water pump went and they did not even want to look at it until I ask what I would need to do when it blow up on the way home. Unsafe to drive.

Favorite Features

The look of the car. And by the way I ran out of space above in my review. There is more.

Suggested Improvements

Ford's warranty means nothing. If your going to give a warranty, please fix something and don't try to void my warranty every time I show up. Even the Ford 800 number didn't care! What's up with that????

Very poor Quality
By mustanggrl2005

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have owned!! Been in the shop several times. Unable to fix front end noise. Been stuck on the side of the interstate 3 times. First problem accurred before the 30 days temp tag was up. Shaker 1000 was fixed 3 times. Very hard to put fuel in it, the pump shuts off after $1.00 or sooner. Ford states No problem there!! I have had Electrical problems, E-brake locking up. rear end out, stereo not working, and the list goes on!!! If u are a mechanic then this is the car to drive!! Buyers beware! Ford needs to make some improvements!

Favorite Features

Like the color Windveil blue

Suggested Improvements

Take lessons from honda, toyota, and Nissan. They seem to last! Better customer support! Dealing with Ford is very Hard!

Fun on a budget
By Robert

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 29,000 miles on my Mustang, bought it new when there were few on the lot and have not had the first problem. I have had mine to Miami and to Niagara Falls, ON twice and everywhere in between. The gas mileage has always been good, the best being 29mpg which I just did on a trip to Orlando and around town is usuallyin the 20-22 range depending upon my foot. The pickup and passing are excellent for a v-6 and love shifting into the 4 speed range for passing. Next one will be a GT convertible.

Favorite Features

Stereo, a/c and short turning radius

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support as standard equipment

Finally!
By Leslie

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had been yearning for a Mustang for several years and finally realized that life was too short not to have it! I am now more in love with muscle cars than ever before and wish that I could have gotten the 8 cylinder (insurance wanted too much). Unfortunately, I do mostly NYC street driving to and from work 5 days/week. A real joy when I am driving around upstate NY. I never have to think twice about lane changes or pulling onto any highway. At first, it takes muscle to drive this car's stick. So much fun to break it in though. I got a lot of attention in 2005 when I first got the car. Best looking rear end on a car ever!

Favorite Features

I love the way the engine sounds. I love the feel of downshifting. I love the way the body looks. I also love the curve of the front bumper. It's got that nice angle on the sides so it's not dented or scratched as much by other people who don't know how to parallel park.

Suggested Improvements

A plastic thingy popped off pretty quickly...but I am not surprised that it happened. You don't own a Ford without expecting a bit of drama. I don't like that the vent can't be opened without turning on the fan. The option of a power seat on the passenger side would have been good too.