Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Don't Stop!
By Kim

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love at first sight! Loved it even more when I drove it. Fast, fun, and eye catching. But have had to replace the brakes 3 times and have had many braking issues. The emergency brakes sticks and you don't know it until you smell it, then it's too late. Back to shop for more brakes! The car has had a rattle since I purchased it. Drives me nuts, passenger seat belt has been replaced 2 times and still locks and latches my passenger in and will not release. I have to warn them not to put it on or put it on at their own risk. Ford see's nothing wrong with this. Brakes are not a issue either, their solution "don't use the emergency brake".

Favorite Features

Looks and performance

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic and fix the brakes.

Pretty nice ride
By nice

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 v6 Ford mustang in August of 2008. I had a Jeep wranlger before it and it was a huge change. It has an amazing amount of standard features, smooth ride and astounding handling (especially on turns)! I would suggest though, don't go in the mud... I bottoms out really easy, so if the roads dirt, don't test it but if you stay on concrete it's a pretty Nice ride. It also has amazing leg room, I'm 6,2 with and when I put the seat all the way back I can make my legs completely straight! It's amazing! But I will warn you with the seat all the way back it basically touches the back seat. So if you have ppl in the back you do have to sacrifice a lot of leg room!

Favorite Features

smooth ride, great acceleration, leg room, and tight turning circle

Suggested Improvements

There is alot of plastic on the inside. The car looks so nice except if you touch the inside it feels cheap because of all the plastic. i've heard they fixed that on the 2010 models though. other than that this car's amazing!

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
By Brandon

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is a Blast to drive every single time!! Truly feels like you are in a 67' fastback! Only problem I've had with it is the oxygen sensor going out, but not to worry It's a GREAT car! The A/C blows SUPER cold, I never have to use the full power of it. It has plenty of horsepower, in fact when the light turns green it's a struggle not to laugh and spin the tires leaving the Prius next to you in your rear view mirror. Mine has a borla exhaust that produces a sound second to none! It is extremely reliable and never lets you down. If you are not having fun with this car you are doing something wrong!

Favorite Features

The 60's mustang throwback dashboard, the opera window (similar to the 1966 shelby hertz), the color changing gauges (look like the gauges in the 1967-68), The retro styled steering wheel, and the aluminum trim. The best part of the whole car is how the exhaust growls when you launch the car!!!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, seriously there is no such thing as too much horsepower. A Borla catback exhaust and cold air intake to come stock. But seriously I should not complain because it's a great car. I am glad I drive a Ford Mustang GT and not something like a Toyota Prius!!

Batttery drain problem
By Larry T.

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A very fun car to drive. Lots of looks & feedback from people. But having problems with battery drain when not in use for 3-4 wk. Lost 1st battery to dead cell 2nd starting to fade. I hope Ford will recognize problem & issue warranteed fix (I'm now off warranty). I notice several others on Mustang forums with same; maybe a stong lobby to Ford will resolve this with recall or TSB.

Favorite Features

Great retro looks. 5 speed. Power. Lots of aftermarket to choose from.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders awkward. No storage (within easy reach, eg. overhead or in dash) for sunglasses etc. Phantom excesive battery draw; should have a total shutdown point (sensor) that will still provide you with starting power.

Pony at 3 1/2 years
By Robert

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as the new Mustangs hit the market in 2004, I knew I had to have one. I found a GT with the premium equipment package just the way I wanted it and at a good price (I was lucky) and took it home in December 2004. The car is now three and a half years old with about 15,000 miles on the odometer. I really enjoy driving the Mustang, and love the looks. Being an early build unit (built on October 4, 2004) it did have many of the bugs and issues the first batch suffered from, including issues with the radio, fuel tank, battery, alternator, and front end suspension. All repairs were covered by the warranty.

Favorite Features

Power, feel, sound, style.

Suggested Improvements

The Shaker 500 sound system is balky and continues to give me problems. Find another sound system for the future Mustangs.