2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
05 v6 auto
By crack007 on 12/03/13 23:11 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good reliability but the dash cluster sucks everyone I know that has one has went bad. The mpg for a v6 is horrible a v6 should get high 20s, I drive 84 miles a day and get 23 tops. The 2000 I had got 28 same drive.

The year the pony got its gallop back ;-)
By bryanbrock on 04/08/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 5th mustang I have owned all others being older models, And I have to give ford credit it is a vast improvement and a whole different animal. Handling is by far much improved due to new chassis engineering, you get 305hp in the GT! Which is the most power available to the GT to that date. Engine management system does a great job of turning it into a boulevard bully when your in the mood then pretend its Hybrid when it senses your trying to save gas. Back seat takes effort to get into but plenty of room in the 2005 when back there. Clutch could be handled by my 80 yr old grandma, ..not heavy at all! Now even the car is 6 years old it still gets complements and ride requests!

Best Mustang V6 i ever driven!
By bikersam on 03/20/12 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

05 Mustang V6 is the best car i ever driven, the 4.0 engine is fast and fuel efficient and reliable, i don't know what people are complainning about, when i buy a car, i don't care about the looks, the small things that go wrong with it, i go for preformance, the Motor and Trans, those are the most importance of a car, if the motor and transmission is in good working condition and so far, i had this Mustang since 2005 and its 2012, i have no problems with the engine and transmission and thats great for a Ford!! The only small problems was the battery went bad in 4 years, thats normal for any car, the dashboard gages went bad on the temp. and fuel gage, no big problem!

Ready to Run!!
By bigginny87 on 07/02/11 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoyed this car, no major problems. It took most of its life in AZ where I bought it, in 08 with 48k on it, then drove it too NY, Now has 61k, never seen a NY winter. Its fast, and sporty or it can be a normal car, all depends on how you drive it, me I enjoy winning the races! Its roomy only in the front seats, rears are good for college books lol. Problems I have are popping sound while turning at low speeds, i cant find anything nor can the mechanics. Other thing is the 2 water leaks i had, a/c drain box, but that was just a drain plug, was plugged, the other i cant find but the driver side seatbelt fills with water when it rains.

Don't Stop!
By Kim on 08/21/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love at first sight! Loved it even more when I drove it. Fast, fun, and eye catching. But have had to replace the brakes 3 times and have had many braking issues. The emergency brakes sticks and you don't know it until you smell it, then it's too late. Back to shop for more brakes! The car has had a rattle since I purchased it. Drives me nuts, passenger seat belt has been replaced 2 times and still locks and latches my passenger in and will not release. I have to warn them not to put it on or put it on at their own risk. Ford see's nothing wrong with this. Brakes are not a issue either, their solution "don't use the emergency brake".

Buyers Beware
By Pamela on 07/20/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Growing up with many Fords, even going back to the Model - Ts, I have to say this is the worst car to purchase and has ruined my relationship with Ford and its products. The car was ordered to gain all features desired; the dealership had to order it twice to get it right! As of buying it Jan of 2005 I have had: two dead batteries, all sensors replaced twice for doors and trunk, when filling gas tank the pump clicks out and/or then the tank will over fill and spill about a gallon of gas, windows stuck in the down position when closing the doors, fuel emission issues, same tail light burning out, paint separation from body in spots, constant rattling noise, CONT BELOW

05 Stang
By kjoe on 03/16/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Flawless. The car has traction control and even worked well this winter during all the snow. Has new all season tires same model as original BFG and they are great. The car routinely achieves 26 MPG. We have had the car since new and still get compliments. Great buy and super reliable.

Pretty nice ride
By nice on 11/08/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 v6 Ford mustang in August of 2008. I had a Jeep wranlger before it and it was a huge change. It has an amazing amount of standard features, smooth ride and astounding handling (especially on turns)! I would suggest though, don't go in the mud... I bottoms out really easy, so if the roads dirt, don't test it but if you stay on concrete it's a pretty Nice ride. It also has amazing leg room, I'm 6,2 with and when I put the seat all the way back I can make my legs completely straight! It's amazing! But I will warn you with the seat all the way back it basically touches the back seat. So if you have ppl in the back you do have to sacrifice a lot of leg room!

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
By Brandon on 08/12/09 01:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is a Blast to drive every single time!! Truly feels like you are in a 67' fastback! Only problem I've had with it is the oxygen sensor going out, but not to worry It's a GREAT car! The A/C blows SUPER cold, I never have to use the full power of it. It has plenty of horsepower, in fact when the light turns green it's a struggle not to laugh and spin the tires leaving the Prius next to you in your rear view mirror. Mine has a borla exhaust that produces a sound second to none! It is extremely reliable and never lets you down. If you are not having fun with this car you are doing something wrong!

Terrible!
By Danny on 06/27/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I cant keep this car out of the shop. Rear end AND tramission been replaced twice, trunk swicth, stereo as well, seat belts wont unlock sometimes, and battery dies often. Ford doesnt want to do anything about it. Interior looks good but is cheap plastic and rattles ALL the time. I was a ford mustang guy until i got this car. Oh yeah, pumping gas takes forever.